• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mock Trialers!!! (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Mock trialers, hows it going? Tell me the goss? How do u or did u find it?
I loved it but unfortunately my school got knocked out (stupid scoring system) just becoz we didnt win by alot...and our scores were quite high... ne way, wat are the cases like?
Anyone want help with it i'd b happy to help!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
eh, we didn't win one match...we won the actual cases but lost on points :(

a mock trialer is a person doing mock trials.

mock trial is pretend court cases for students. It's really a lot of fun.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
we lost first two one second 2...but its stuoid coz we were always prosec for criminal and defence for civil so we always had to prove BARD and defend against BOP... also most cases were totally to one side, so u lost points coz u coldnt object...or had stupid judges who dont let u object to brown v dunn

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
it is fun, i was a witness twice. we did about 3, 4 or 5 cases last yr before getting knocked out. it's funny when the other team gives you dirties & stuff.. ^.^

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
exacly, i was solicitor, barister 1 and barister 2 and we always gave the oda team dirties (espcially wen they were ruining our case) LOL our witnesses were so funny they had the best comebacks!

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
^ lol yep, as a witness myself we get really *passionate* with our cases.. one time a judge (or whatever they're called) was really impressed with my friend's witness-acting..

funniboi

HSC
I once did a Mock Trial for commerce, and I had to dress up as a girl. FUCK!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Thats bullshit...how come you get to do mock trials and we dont? Is it like an inter-schools challenge thing? I'll tell ya why we cant do it! Its because Carr and his commos dont want kids living in regional areas having the same opportunities as those living in the city!!! Its unfairs I'se tells ya!!!

omg_a

HSC
first of all, thorrnydevil, you are rather hung up about this whole regional area thing aren't you?? and i would hardly call port macquarie regional.

i loved mock trial, soooo much fun!!! i did it last year, i was 1st barrister, we actually came 3rd in the state. (btw, i come from a 'regional area' of 8000, and we don't even do legal studies at our school) ke he, we got to go to the grand finals, which was so much fun, and in the finals (for those of you doing it this year) the barristers have to dress up......wigs, the whole lot!! so cool!!!

has anyone noticed how heaps of the magistrates all look the same?? you know, old, male, grey, with several chins???

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i was there too... it was only traiing at that stage and i was under my breath objecting...hmmm that will b a Brown V Dunn... LOL and the boat was going up and down side to side...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
omg_a said:
first of all, thorrnydevil, you are rather hung up about this whole regional area thing aren't you?? and i would hardly call port macquarie regional.

i loved mock trial, soooo much fun!!! i did it last year, i was 1st barrister, we actually came 3rd in the state. (btw, i come from a 'regional area' of 8000, and we don't even do legal studies at our school) ke he, we got to go to the grand finals, which was so much fun, and in the finals (for those of you doing it this year) the barristers have to dress up......wigs, the whole lot!! so cool!!!

has anyone noticed how heaps of the magistrates all look the same?? you know, old, male, grey, with several chins???
Thats shite haus...I hope we can do it next year!!!!!!!!!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
fuck me a mock trial thread!
i fucken miss mock trial so hard. it was so vicious when we did it. some people will say that this is a lie but i swear its true (neigh).

we went up against this other school (eden) and in exaination in chief this girl on the defence fucked up real hard and forgot her stuff.
anyways i got up and decided to be really hard on her in cross examination. i got really agressive with her and the judge got stuck into me. anyways i didnt stop and the poor girl got really upset and defensive.
in the end she had no idea what she was saying and she admited to her crime. haha (it was non admisable because i verballed her BULLSHIT)
anyway after it she was so stressed she hyperventilated and she had to get taken to hospital and it was real bad!!! ha ha i almost killed the poor girl.
those were the days. i miss mock trial so much

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i know man i miss it....ahhhh Mock Trial Withdrawl...
I was up against this barister once...he knows who he is who objected to everyline under relevance boy did i let him have it (i was basiter 1 as) and we killled them in cross and re-exmination accpet he made my witness 4get coz he objected to every line lol

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Also was anyone here a 'brown and dunn natzi' i was wen were prosec i nailed them 4 B& D and wen we were defence we neva had a single B&N objection....sorry i am a lil mad afta my IPT exam

zhongie

HSC
Mock Trial was great! We did it last year, I did mooted this year. I was the crappiest witness, so I always stuck with Barrister One. Ah, the memories...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)