• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Monitors (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
basically im buying an extra monitor to attch to my laptop for when I write reports and junk

yeah so im buying from here most likely, and I was just wandering if there are any brands definitely to avoid, or any I should really try and get

or are they all fine

idk

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've always hated acer from my own bad experiences, but otherwise everything else is good in my opinion.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Samsung is preferred due to warranty, BenQ apparently has hopeless warranty, LG is alright with it, ACER I'm not too sure about, their monitors last a couple of years but they just look and feel cheap. Dont get HP, overpriced junk most of the time.

I say go with Samsung or LG

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
yeah LG and Samsung are pretty good. I got 3 yrs warranty with my LG. Also got an IPS. It's awesome for around 210 dollars.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah LG and Samsung are pretty good. I got 3 yrs warranty with my LG. Also got an IPS. It's awesome for around 210 dollars.
Can I see please?

Also is the warranty pixel perfect warranty? That's what Samsung offers. (reminds me that I have to call up Samsung for my monitor that half died a few months ago :().

marygoss

HSC
N/A
Personnaly I prefer Samsung. I have a 24" 245BW monitor.Dell Monitor's are super nice as well, but more expensive.
Another thing you have to consider is the bigger the monitors the more lag you will have and this is true especially for gaming which is a bad thing.
Before buying check these things:TN, PVA/MVA, and IPS

TN = considered the hardcore gaming monitor, lowest color accuracy, fastest response time/input lag due to low need of processing. Worst viewing angles.

PVA/MVA = Highest contrast ratio, decent input lag/response time. Ghosting is an issue, blacks crush as well. If you Don't know what black crushing is, it's basically details in darker areas merging together into a giant block, aka, black crush.

IPS= Best in terms of color accuracy, faster response time than PVA/MVA, but not as fast as tn. Most expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)