• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Moon landing was a hoax! (3 Viewers)

Did nasa land men on the moon?

• Total voters

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
lolwth, your name is worthy of you.

You're right, noone is disputing that fact, we are disputing the fact if the moon landing was a hoax or not.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
sometimes asteroids to land on earths surface. i believe nasa has an extensive collection

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Wait, so your saying that instead of going to the moon, our friendly, neighbourhood satellite, we are going to fly like, over 3 times the distance to land on an asteroid, which is way more dangerous than a moon landing (space rocks as damaging debris and such). That just is not a logical decision.

However, the unmanned idea is viable. An unmanned craft surely could get to the moon. They've gone way further. e.g Voyager which flew past Jupiter and Saturn.

I will see if i can find anything on it.
Much further than that. Both Voyagers and both Pioneers have left the solar system.

Time would be the major factor as to why it hasnt gone ahead right?

lolwth

Banned
HSC
i have not read anything about it but i assumed the helium was in the rocks

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
And once exposed to the atmosphere would render it useless.

They probably found Helium 13 on the moon, sussed out it was because the helium and started trying to extract it on earth in vacuum situations. But because the earth has been subjected to massive turbulence and a atmosphere for so long probably Helium 13 was probably screwed beyond all recognition.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well more like, it'd be massively fucking expensive for so little return (mining from small rocks rather than a large body, i.e. the moon).

Kolefax

HSC
Just in case you missed my edit:
EDIT: I have researched the subject and came up with this. These are all the programs within the time period of when the first moon landing was;

LUNA program:Luna programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Did make it. Did return samples. However, these samples were not back on Earth until after the Apollo misions were.

RANGER program: Ranger program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This program was all about taking pictures of the moon. They never made back. actually, they never made it past hitting the ground.

SURVEYOR program: Surveyor Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This program tested soft-landings for space craft. So not only did they never return to the Earth, they didn't have any of the equipment required for a unmanned probe to take samples.

LUNAR program: Lunar Orbiter program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This program never made to the surface of the moon, taking pictures from orbit.
sometimes asteroids to land on earths surface. i believe nasa has an extensive collection
It's actually a time thing too. An object needs to spend a very large amount of time being exposed to the helium-3 (which is created by the sun btw) to have any kind of detectable amount.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Feel like a retard now, been saying Helium 13 instead of Helium 3.

WOOT.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Helium-3. Only way to get it is to go to a place where there is no atmosphere and get it from rocks there.

i have provided proof for. If anyone thinks otherwise, provide proof against.
Moon landing actually happened.

The video footage of it was staged in a studio though.

They never showed the terrifying truth behind what they really found on the moon

spyro14

HSC
This is really not my field so can someone explain what the difference between Helium and Helium 3 is? I'm guessing its something to do with Protons and Electons and Neutrons Etc... but a little extra clarity never hurt.

spyro14

HSC
Moon landing actually happened.

The video footage of it was staged in a studio though.

They never showed the terrifying truth behind what they really found on the moon
.................................wow......just.....wow

spyro14

HSC
My life just came crashing down... I don't understand a wikipedia article.... and i thought tritium was some made up element in one of the spiderman movies lol (regrets saying that and hides away)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)