• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mooting (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
So you actually tell your witness what they are going to say? Is this true just for mooting or for real life too?
They always prep their witness, so that they aren't up there on the stand and say something totally incorrect, or dig themselves into a hole. They even prep them in family law for cross-examination! Where I (used) to work, they would have little meetings and would get all their witnesses to come in. They would outline what they thought the opposition would focus on/ask about, and told them how to answer.

It is all very interesting... very strategic and kinda underhanded... I like it ;)

Rob: Love the pic!!!!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
They always prep their witness, so that they aren't up there on the stand and say something totally incorrect, or dig themselves into a hole. They even prep them in family law for cross-examination! Where I (used) to work, they would have little meetings and would get all their witnesses to come in. They would outline what they thought the opposition would focus on/ask about, and told them how to answer.

It is all very interesting... very strategic and kinda underhanded... I like it ;)

Rob: Love the pic!!!!
but.... that would mean that they are getting them to lie.

*shattered image of law*

*cries*

;)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Mwahahahahahha!!

No, they aren't getting them to lie (that would be lying to the system we have decided to 'serve and protect' in a sense), just making their witnesses aware of how they should answer if they want to ensure they get their compensation, or dont have to pay compensation; have to go to gaol or get off with a good behaviour bond, etc.

Do not fear, Jamie! We are keeping the legal system wholesome! ;)

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
Do not fear, Jamie! We are keeping the legal system wholesome! ;)
If i make this mock moot team.........the legal system will never be the same again.

bribes.......lying...........legal shenannigans.

coughing while the other team is presenting their case.

"so after the party mr watson you went straight home yes?

"yep"

"do you have anybody that can attest to that fact"

"plenty of people..."

*mock team interupting*

*cough* BULLSHIT! *cough* *cough* BULLSHIT*

ahem ahem..........sorry your honour terrible cold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)