• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Morris Iemma resigns (1 Viewer)

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
O'Farrell made a good point yesterday. Rees was an advisor to both Iemma and Refshauge prior to entering parliament. It's the same old guard under a different face..

HSC
withoutaface said:
A centralised national education system? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this guy propose that back when he was minister for education?
Edit: When, except when money is spent on subsidizing hecs places (which go predominantly to those from affluent backgrounds) or hiring butlers for millionaire prime ministers, has taxpayers' money ever been spent on making the rich richer? (Hint: if your answer is 'tax cuts', you're wrong).
Hmm, lets see... off the top of my head I can name three:
- GST, a regressive tax system
- Baby Bonus; even Kerry Packer's getting it.
- Child care for people who don't really need help paying for it.

As for the centralised national education system - sure, Nelson proposed it, but did the Howard Government take steps to implement it? No. He cared more about bribing the old people for their votes and giving employers unfair (some might even say evil) advantages over employees with WorkChoices.

Anyway, back to my anti STATE labour opinions:
incentivation said:
O'Farrell made a good point yesterday. Rees was an advisor to both Iemma and Refshauge prior to entering parliament. It's the same old guard under a different face..
I completely agree with you there. Rees will be similar to Iemma and he will not gain support with the snob types due to his job as a garbage collector (and I think THAT, at least, is an unfair reason to dislike him since he was just using it to support his way through university). He certainly has the qualifications and experience, but he probably doesn't have the right attitude.

Its time to give State Liberal a go before they're in the opposition party for too long and lose their experience.

Last edited:

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
^^^ Summary of post: Rich people are EVIL EVIL EVIL!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
nathan rees strikes me as inexperienced ... but i mean who else can srsly take over.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He strikes me as pathetic. He's the kind of guy people will enjoy murdering.
No charisma, no great ability, no great looks, and, most damning of all, no sideburns.
The standard model of Labor machine men

wendus

krawr.
HSC
1 year in parliament !!! are they srsly that desperate.

well yes they are. and the libs are doing worse. no sideburns on rees is still > barry o'farrell's face

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
O'Farrell has it in the feed-bag. No government could survive this.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
1.5 years! o:
carmel t is alright though.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I thought so too until she appeared to have some difficulty merely reading the document swearing her in

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I too would have difficulty pledging that i will well and truly serve Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, her heirs and successors, according to law.

aussie-boy

HSC
HisNameIsChris said:
Hmm, lets see... off the top of my head I can name three:
- GST, a regressive tax system
- Baby Bonus; even Kerry Packer's getting it.
- Child care for people who don't really need help paying for it.
Its imperative that rich people get the baby bonus and child care

its the rich who can best support kids with minimal welfare from the gov

and its the high income earners (ie highly skilled and motivated) who we need working rather than staying at home looking after kids (NB its also the rich people who can make this choice as they dont need extra income as much)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Rafy said:
I too would have difficulty pledging that i will well and truly serve Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, her heirs and successors, according to law.
what barry o'f has a facebook
what
gross

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So it's high treason then, Rafy?!

I wonder what Iemma discussed with the Pope?

HSC
Farfour said:
^^^ Summary of post: Rich people are EVIL EVIL EVIL!
No. Please do not place words in my mouth. Rich people are just like any other people and in most cases they're rich because they earned it. I was simply stating that rich people do NOT need help supporting their babies, nor do they need free child care, nor should they be paying the same amount of tax on goods and services as, say, someone earning less than $20,000 a year.

The word 'evil' was used to describe the exploitation of workers by employers with the WorkChoices laws. Tell me this: is a law that puts a single worker against a large company that will do anything to cut down costs (ie. cut out benefits such as sick days and place him/her on a lower salary) not evil in some way or sense of the word?

Now, since you were arrogant enough to summarize my post correctly, I'll summarize yours:

Farfour: I'm dumb and I make unfounded conclusions because I can't read properly.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
HisNameIsChris said:
No. Please do not place words in my mouth. Rich people are just like any other people and in most cases they're rich because they earned it. I was simply stating that rich people do NOT need help supporting their babies, nor do they need free child care, nor should they be paying the same amount of tax on goods and services as, say, someone earning less than $20,000 a year.

The word 'evil' was used to describe the exploitation of workers by employers with the WorkChoices laws. Tell me this: is a law that puts a single worker against a large company that will do anything to cut down costs (ie. cut out benefits such as sick days and place him/her on a lower salary) not evil in some way or sense of the word?

Now, since you were arrogant enough to summarize my post correctly, I'll summarize yours:

Farfour: I'm dumb and I make unfounded conclusions because I can't read properly.
lol

your a gay leftie

HSC
Yeah, and? :D

Though I'm not gay, but it shouldn't be a problem if I were. However, speaking of that, that's one important thing the Rudd government falls short on: gay people's rights.

Oh and by the way, though I laughed at your reply, learn the difference between "your" and "you're"

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
WAF said:
A centralised national education system? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this guy propose that back when he was minister for education?
One of my fondest memories of the Howard years was the effort and investment that his government put into education. Thankyou for highlighting Howard's great obsession with making education fairer, better, etc.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Am wearing my purple campaign tshirt as a gesture of solidarity
Morris Iemma - Better Services, not cuts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)