• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Muslim convert lashed for drinking alcohol (1 Viewer)

Piter

HSC
SYDNEY — An Australian convert to Islam was pinned down and lashed 40 times for drinking alcohol by a group of Muslim men who broke into his home to punish him for breaking sharia law, a court heard Tuesday.

The man, 31, was allegedly restrained and whipped with a cord in his Sydney house Sunday morning by four men who forced their way in after he went out for drinks with friends.

One of the four, Tolga Cifci, 20, appeared in court on charges of aggravated breaking and entering and committing a serious indictable offence.

Prosecutor George Lolis said Cifci saw the man's drinking as "something against Islam" and justified his actions with a "particularised usage of religious law".
He showed "complete and utter disregard for the laws of this particular state", Lolis said.

Cifci was bailed on condition he not leave home without his parents, obey a night-time curfew, surrender his passport and steer clear of the alleged victim. He will return to court in September.

A second man, 43, was due to face court Wednesday over the incident, charged with aggravated breaking and entering, detaining a person in company with intent to obtain an advantage and two counts of stealing.

No other charges had yet been laid over the incident but police said investigations were continuing.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.ac1ff80155f15b4c6aca1a16ef66c878.8d1

If this guy wants to drink, why did he convert in the first place? What is the point if you don't follow the rules? The Quran forbids alcohol, but the Sharia punishment of lashing comes from a Hadith:

II. What has come about beating someone who drinks wine

6391. Qatada related from Anas ibn Malik that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, beat people with palm stalks and sandals for drinking and Abu Bakr gave forty lashes.
http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0089.aspx

Sucked in tbh.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
why are the news reporting this as "sharia law", it's a guy getting beaten up

Garygaz

HSC
i, for one, welcome our new muslim overlords

:3

cssftw

HSC
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8275204/man-at-centre-of-lashing-allegations-talks

A Muslim man who was allegedly lashed 40 times by four men who broke into his Sydney home as a punishment for drinking alcohol says his Islamic faith is a beautiful religion.

Chris Martinez, 31, also said the Muslim community has been supportive of him despite the events that allegedly took place on Sunday.

Two men have been charged over the alleged incident, which has raised broad community concerns about the application of Islamic law in Australia.

In an interview with the community forum MuslimVillage.com published on Wednesday, Mr Martinez said he had a drinking problem and that he had been drinking on the day of the alleged incident.

"I have a problem with drinking that I have been trying to overcome," he told the forum, which released an interview transcript and pictures on its internet home page.

Mr Martinez, who says he has been Muslim for about three years, praised Islam for helping him in his life.

"Islam is a beautiful religion, it's a great guideline to life, it's a real way to live your life," he said.

"I mean, I'm not perfect.

"But in saying that, Islam helped me get through all of that, helped me get through my past, and now I believe I'm a better person because of Islam.

"This was about some individuals, not religion."

Mr Martinez said his wife had been upset by the incident, which is being investigated by NSW Police.

He also said "mainstream media" had been hounding him and had offered him money to tell his story, which he had rejected.

"I feel like a victim twice over from their hounding and threats of blackmail," he said.

On Wednesday, Wassim Fayad, 43, was granted bail in Burwood Local Court on charges of aggravated break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence.

He is also charged with detaining a person in company with intent to obtain advantage and two counts of stealing from a dwelling.

On Tuesday, Tolga Cifci, 20, of Auburn was granted bail at the same court on charges of aggravated break and enter, committing a serious indictable offence and inflicting actual bodily harm.

Both matters will return to the court for mention on September 14.

----------------------------------------------------------

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Context is everything

Garygaz

HSC
my poll finds that humans who link themselves to any religious belief system are more likely to be violent, have a lower IQ and have lower paying jobs.

p.s zombie is now officially moslem convert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)