• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Muslims & Christians (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
The other night on Today Tonight, there was a story about a couple where the guy's Muslim and and the girl's Christian. They wanted to get married but the guy's father threatened to shoot him if the wedding took place...I don't get it, what is this whole business between these two religions?

Kulazzi

HSC
well, Islamically, the guy's allowed to marry the girl as long as she's a follower of Christianity (ie, she reads the bible, goes to church, follows Christian values etc etc, which is pretty much same as Islam).

The fathe rprobably wants the son to marry a Muslim girl.

And don't trust TT. I just saw an ad advertising all this crap about Muslims. :cool:

Nietzsche

HSC
All we need to do is import some of the amish, trailer-park, backwards scum from America and set them loose. Let's see the Muslims try to out breed us whities now.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
The other night on Today Tonight, there was a story about a couple where the guy's Muslim and and the girl's Christian. They wanted to get married but the guy's father threatened to shoot him if the wedding took place...I don't get it, what is this whole business between these two religions?

Care to ellaborate a little more perhaps... Did the father threaten to kill him ONLY because he wanted to marry her (her being a christian) or is there more to the story? (im not saying he didint, but I just dont want to jump to my own conclusions)... whats the story behind the girl?

@Schroedinger, who follows the religion of the woman? Isnt that Judaism?

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Cykologi_gal said:
meh....my situation is the opposite...except i don't follow the religion, or any religion, same with my bf, his and my parents might be a problem in the future, but not like today tonight, that shooting talk....what a religious fanatic that father is, if he has any love for his son at all, he would'nt do it.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
physician said:
Care to ellaborate a little more perhaps... Did the father threaten to kill him ONLY because he wanted to marry her (her being a christian) or is there more to the story? (im not saying he didint, but I just dont want to jump to my own conclusions)... whats the story behind the girl?

@Schroedinger, who follows the religion of the woman? Isnt that Judaism?
The former i.e. the father threaten to kill him ONLY because he wanted to marry her (her being a christian)...They didn't focus on the girl really, just said that their love was forbidden...this racial conflict thing sounds kind of weird to me, why can't Muslims and Christians marry? They have almsot the same values etc...I searched for a link but it's not posted there for "legal" reasons lol.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You see this is where Pascal's wager falls apart something severe. You're denying yourself the chance to be with a person who will make you happy for a God who may or may not exist.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
and if he did exist, i don't think he would appreciate people who kill their own children...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Wait a minute, we can breed islam out!
Apparently it's islam that's going to breed us out.

You know it would be a cruel irony if Australia did become a muslim nation. Not only would one unbelievable backbencher have been right, but it'd be a case of throwing multiculturalism and acceptance back in the face of it's advocates.

And it's not a farfetched proposition. If the respective birth rates (and abortion rates) were to stay at the levels they are now continuously then thereotically we could have a population that is mostly muslim and from that we can end up a muslims state controlled by Sharia law if they had enough numbers to amend the constitution (or just decided to become a totalitarian state and ignore it). A party advocating Sharia law in Australia already exists.

Failing that they could just take over Sydney (which seems to be well underway according to the news) and secede from the Commonwealth.:eek:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sparkl3z said:
and if he did exist, i don't think he would appreciate people who kill their own children...
Suppose that I am female, and plan to have one child in my lifetime, no matter what. I suddenly fall pregnant now, at the age of 19, and the father has run off, leaving me all alone. Would it be better for me to have this child now, and have it have the most miserable of childhoods, or should I wait a few years, perhaps until I'm 25 or 30, when I have a secure source of income and a loving marriage to have a child, who will undoubtedly be better off than the first had they been born?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
TT is a sad sad program, for people who have no life like BIg Brother.

TT often takes things out of context. SO i dont really trust any of the current affair shows.

I mean that Habib cunt who got released seems so suss.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Suppose that I am female, and plan to have one child in my lifetime, no matter what. I suddenly fall pregnant now, at the age of 19, and the father has run off, leaving me all alone. Would it be better for me to have this child now, and have it have the most miserable of childhoods, or should I wait a few years, perhaps until I'm 25 or 30, when I have a secure source of income and a loving marriage to have a child, who will undoubtedly be better off than the first had they been born?
well that is a difficult choice to make for the mother...but the mother is still young and dumb, and should've thought about her actions before making babies... but a grown man (father of the guy) should at least be aware of what he is doing at that age.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
the father is just upset coz he wants his son to marry a muslim girl
in islam he is allowed to marry a non muslim so his father can get over it
but ofcourse he is allowed to be upset because religons mean alot to people
hindus tend to marry hindus
muslims with muslims and christians with christians
my parents want me to be with a muslim
my friend has to marry a hindu and so on
in islam the man can marry a non muslim if he so desires...

i dont even see wtf the big deal is why they are reporting it

it would be a bigger deal if the female wanted to marry a non muslim

i know it would be for me..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
soha said:
the father is just upset coz he wants his son to marry a muslim girl
in islam he is allowed to marry a non muslim so his father can get over it
but ofcourse he is allowed to be upset because religons mean alot to people
hindus tend to marry hindus
muslims with muslims and christians with christians
my parents want me to be with a muslim
my friend has to marry a hindu and so on
in islam the man can marry a non muslim if he so desires...

i dont even see wtf the big deal is why they are reporting it

it would be a bigger deal if the female wanted to marry a non muslim

i know it would be for me..
ok

Kulazzi

HSC
sparkl3z said:
actually, abortion in Islam is allowed under certain circumstances. There are specifically three:

1) If the life of the mother giving birth is in danger
2) If she is raped
3) and I can't remember the third one

soha said:
i cant see it on the tt website
neither can I............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)