• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My half yearlies: Post yours.. (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I hope it's not in the test. Period. :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I did my english half yearly on friday, and the rest are this week.

I suppose my school does them a bit late huh

richz

Deus said:
I did my english half yearly on friday, and the rest are this week.

I suppose my school does them a bit late huh
does this have anything to do with maths ext2???

and no they dont do them late. My school has exams during the first 2 weeks too. They say it reduces the stress. XD

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
I hope graphs and probability not in the test :\
Whaaaaaaaat? Probability is the best topic! It even beats integration, CNs and polynomials!

FinalFantasy

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Whaaaaaaaat? Probability is the best topic! It even beats integration, CNs and polynomials!
omg! no way!!
Probability beats nothing!!! :chainsaw:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
:cough: :cough:
*shudders at the mere word "probability"* :eek:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
I hope graphs and probability not in the test :\
Unfortunately, I'm quite sure Graphs will be on the test. But I agree with your point of view on probability (as above) :p

shafqat

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
:cough: :cough:
*shudders at the mere word "probability"* :eek:
i was hoping for no probability last year, but.... :rolleyes:

richz

lol sounds like probablility isnt a very good topic.

Thnx hayleykate :)

HayleeKate

HSC
I would really love some feedback on my half yearlie exam posted.. I feel it's probably quite easy, and most of you super-kids will find it ridiculously so.. but would love it if you could tell me what you think.. how it compares to your schools etc. I think my teacher tends to 'baby' us.. so we dont get scared and drop ext 2 or something, dont understand the reasoning, but whatever.. i just want some confirmation that we're blissfully ignorant, or either to know that its ok.. we're not really getting ext2 for dumbies.. let me know what you think, if youve got the time to have a look.. much appreciated if i get any feedback.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
I hope graphs is not in the test :\
What? NOOOOOOOOO
graphs is my second favorite (cant beat polynomials... it is the only question that i can gurantee i will get it right)

In my exam my marks were out of 15
Q1 10
Q2 14
@3 15
@4 14
@5 11.5

So all the graphing and poly part were almost 100%... it was just the stupid vector question in @1 and the second last question in the test about tan@ (i've never known that things could be manipulated like that... it was never taught..) No one got the second last question right, not even the international students that have already finished all this in china..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HayleeKate said:
I would really love some feedback on my half yearlie exam posted.. I feel it's probably quite easy, and most of you super-kids will find it ridiculously so.. but would love it if you could tell me what you think.. how it compares to your schools etc. I think my teacher tends to 'baby' us.. so we dont get scared and drop ext 2 or something, dont understand the reasoning, but whatever.. i just want some confirmation that we're blissfully ignorant, or either to know that its ok.. we're not really getting ext2 for dumbies.. let me know what you think, if youve got the time to have a look.. much appreciated if i get any feedback.
It is too easy, IMHO. The parts which are actually 4-unit are pretty stock-standard (and in fact they are probably HSC level, for what they are - i.e. question 1s through 4s), but the 3u parts are way too easy. The mark allocation is also rather dubious (basic 2-unit skills like formula-substitute are being awarded the most in some questions!).

I think that (assuming you have the basics covered fairly well), you should do harder textbook questions, as well as any trial/past paper questions which look interesting or different.

That said, stockstandard questions are not necessarily bad, but they only comprise maybe 50% of the actual HSC paper. You need something to extend you that little bit more.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
The first three pages are a little too easy, they don't really include any extended questions from those topics. The last page is more interesting but even then it's fairly medium level difficulty.

Trev

stix
HSC
Those conics questions are a damn easy 11 marks! o_O
I'd love that as my exam paper lol.
What were the marks people recieved for it?
...I'll try find my latest exam and see what you guys think of it also!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)