• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My new true Love (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Hey all.

My dad just came back from the states, and brought me back some makeup from Sephora.

Now I discovered the Bare Escentuals brand when I was in the US over Christmas, but whilst browsing the website I saw this package called "Shake your tail feather" with two eyeshadows, a blush, two mascaras, two brushes and a lipgloss.

I had already bought a pack last time with the makeup, a bronzer, a powder, three brushes and a primer.

Also, there is this night powder called "rare minerals" which is like a treatment while you sleep, supposed to clear skin, reduce pores and fix uneven skin tone.

Let me just say that ALL these products I have tried are the BEST products ever...

The eyeshadows stay on all day, is a rich colour (like the MAC ones) and don't crease.

The mascara is REALLY thickening, curling and lengthening, and is a really rich colour.

The gold mascara is really pretty, puts a shine/glitter coat on lashes which is very subtle but very flattering.

The blush is a perfect colour, with a touch of sparkle and not too overpowering.

The lipglosses are natural colours which plump the lips and have that tingle that the lip venom has without the disgusting taste. One of them is just shine, the other one slightly frosted, and both are really flattering.

The makeup stays on all day, doesn't clog pores, is a perfect match and colour and has buildable coverage. It is my absolute favourite, and Skeeta has it now too... (lucky Skeetz)

The bronzer is a bit dark for me, but is ok in summer, where it gives a really natural rosy brown touch of colour.

The setting powder sets all these colours on the face and makes them last all day. It also shrinks pores.

The night treatment is tinted so it's like night makeup, but it melts into your face through the night and moisturises and tones the skin.

The primer is ok, its the product I least like, but it works alright.

The brushes are really soft and easy to clean.

In short (after an extremely long post) these are the best makeup products in the world, and if you know anyone who's going to America, get them to buy some for you.

They are pretty expensive (15-30 US per item) but they're totally worth it.

Also, the best thing about them is that they don't have any chemicals, wont wreck your skin or make your pores big like other makeup will.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
Ooh, sounds awesome! I'm browsing through their website now :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha i'm looking at the site too..it's sort of expensive, but kind of not also, if the products are as good as they sound on the site and from what you've said

btw, flyingdown i LOVE your avatar :p

Skeeta

HSC
em_516 said:
why on earth do they not ship internationally? :(
i have no idea.

Thats the problem i was having

You CAN buy their stuff in Australia, but its like 3x the price.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Tulipa said:
Oh Sephora *sigh*

Next time I'm in NY (read: three months and one day) I'm definitely stocking up.
Babe,
Can you please let me know when you are going?
Cos there's this wet/dry powder eyeliner palette that I am kicking myself for not getting...

It'll be cool. We can have like a bos makeup distribution list...Awesome!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
AlleyCat said:
Babe,
Can you please let me know when you are going?
Cos there's this wet/dry powder eyeliner palette that I am kicking myself for not getting...

It'll be cool. We can have like a bos makeup distribution list...Awesome!
Absolutely.

Get me the moneyz, the details and it's done.

EDIT: In NYC from the 6th til the 10th of June.

Skeeta

HSC
My parents are going to Europe in about 6 wks. But from my "research", cosmetics are hella spensive there.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Are you two rabbits going TOGETHER?
That is so romantic I think I am going to...cry :(

Skeeta

HSC
AlleyCat said:
Are you two rabbits going TOGETHER?
That is so romantic I think I am going to...cry :(
ohmygod you beat me to it

*cries*

I almost went oversea's with my b/f. Meaning that, my dad offered to fly my b/f over hawaii, after our (my family's) four week holiday.. to suprise me.

But he declined because it was cricket season.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Well I was going to tibet and then argentina with my boyfriend after uni, but then I realised he is a douche so there went that idea.

But seriously, I am jealous. NYC is the greatest place on earth, I am planning to do a masters at columbia after 2009. Will rock. George Clooney is an alumni of the course I want to do, and I basically want to be him when I grow up...:eek:

I TRULY LOVE NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)