• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

N73 v E65 v 6110 Navigator (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Need a new phone as well as the computer...appreciated your guy's opinions before...need em again :)

Life story:
Now, I finally understand what wi-fi is but i dont think I will need to use it much, if at all.

My digital camera broke...it used to be a good old 3.2mp one, thats all i need...these fancy 7mp and shit these days is useless to me...

I frequently use cameras (wifey's camera) etc. and its pretty important to me.

$800 budget. Probably go for a plan to reduce present cash outflow.

Navigation is becoming slightly important. For example, finding the local park or something, traffic reports if possible, a few houses here and there. voice navigation would be sexy.

The decision:
I'm slightly retarded and will probably drop a sexy, shiny N95 on the ground, shattering my heart in $1200 worth of pieces.

N73 has been my love for the past year, but has it reached its prime? Is it outdated now considering what's on the market nowadays? The 3.2 Carl Zeiss pwns close to all phones.

E65 is pretty hot, but lacks flash...i want flash for night time photos...it has wifi though...

6110 Navigator has gps...but a 2mp camera, with flash...why couldnt they just put a frikn 3.2mp is beyond me coz that would have made my choice simple :p I guess they dont want everything in one phone except their $1200 N95....

What are your guys opinions on the above? Does anyone know release dates + price of Navigator? Any competitors (SE/Samsung) worth considering/waiting for?

Specifically though...Will I miss the brilliance of the N73's camera if i opt for the other 2? How much different is the quality of 2mp v. 3.2 on a computer?

The N73 has 256k colours, the other two have TFT screens with significantly more...what is hte effect of this? As in, will the screen be brighter or soemthing?

btw, for my girl, she needs a new cheaper phone...i reckon the 6300 ($299 vodafone prepaid) kills the 6288, but does it knock Virgin's d900i offer?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Krish

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
bump...i ended up getting the N73 last week...wanted the camera mainly even though E65 is damn sexy...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Yeah that's a solid phone. Slim and stylish. It's a bargain @ $300 too!

The 6110 is being promoted like anthing now, but I'd still go for my N73 neday!

HSC
breaking said:
ii just bought an e65, its great.
i got an e65 as well just cos its so damn nifty but its now startin to show signs of being just the same old nokia:

doesnt seamlessly switch between 3g and gsm without fucking up (im on voda - huge mistake)
started getting stupidly slow
buttons become unresponsive

this is after 4 months. when my 24 months is up itll be best used as a clay pigeon than a phone....

back to telstra for me after my contract!

its sexy and functional all the same tho. i just dont liek voda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)