• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"nc" courses at UWS (1 Viewer)

rscache

HSC
N/A
What are the requirements to get into a "nc" course at uws? do these courses have cut offs?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
'NC' denotes that a course is new and as the cut-offs you see on UAC's website represent the last accepted student last year, naturally you won't see an ATAR cutoff for the courses you're looking at.

rscache

HSC
N/A
Oh I see is there a certain amount of students allowed or would I be guaranteed to be accepted in such courses?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh I see is there a certain amount of students allowed or would I be guaranteed to be accepted in such courses?
There is a limit to a degree's capacity just like any other degree but in this instance, there isn't really a figure that they can report to represent this.

rscache

HSC
N/A
Oh ok thank you for informing me about nc courses :)

rscache

HSC
N/A
Oh one more thing, how do they choose the applicants? is there a certain process which determines who is accepted until the last student? or is this unknown

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh one more thing, how do they choose the applicants? is there a certain process which determines who is accepted until the last student? or is this unknown
In most cases, they have a limited amount of spots in a particular degree and they would use the standard ATAR system to allocate the spots until capacity is met.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)