• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Hsc Advice Now!!! (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok people my parents are really pissing me off they have all these stupid expectations and they think im going to get a high uai like my sister of 98 which I am obviously not , Well here is the bit i need advice on, I currently do....

*Biology
*Maths
*English
*IPT
*Business Studies
*Wood Work

The thing is I really hate biology and want to drop it before the trials and hsc and my parents are stupid because they think I need it or some crap.
The other thing is that I am getting all ok style marks in the other subjects like 70's 80's but in biology I am comming really low and getting like 50s, would you think my uai scores would be affected by dropping biology ? should i just keep it? I dont know what to do?

any advice and fast thanks :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
7th Sign said:
ok people my parents are really pissing me off they have all these stupid expectations and they think im going to get a high uai like my sister of 98 which I am obviously not , Well here is the bit i need advice on, I currently do....

*Biology
*Maths
*English
*IPT
*Business Studies
*Wood Work

The thing is I really hate biology and want to drop it before the trials and hsc and my parents are stupid because they think I need it or some crap.
The other thing is that I am getting all ok style marks in the other subjects like 70's 80's but in biology I am comming really low and getting like 50s, would you think my uai scores would be affected by dropping biology ? should i just keep it? I dont know what to do?

any advice and fast thanks :D
Personallly I think you need to make this choice yourself...it is ultimately you who will have to study for it etc...why dont you ask your teachers, careers advisors, they'll know you better and be able to help you make an informed decision...
I do 10units
English Adv
Legal
French (cont.)
Italian (beg.) and IPT
I used to do maths but dropped it because the others were between 80s and 90s and Maths was in the 50s I hated it and didnt try....so wat use was it...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
get off bos and also lay off bx :D

Kulazzi

HSC
If you know that you won't do well in bio in the actual HSC exam then drop it, what is the use of doing that extra unit when you know it won't get counted anyway?

7th Sign

HSC
redruM said:
get off bos and also lay off bx :D

yeah lols im on like 2060 cred now :D

any ways I just dropped biology today .... I should have dropped it alot longer ago :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It's quite simple, I can sum it up in one word: revision.

Your UAI will also depend on the scaling of your subjects, and school-scaling. Trying your best won't hurt.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
7th Sign said:

any ways I just dropped biology today .... I should have dropped it alot longer ago :(
good job buddy!
Bio sucks!
I dropped it at the end of last year
o wat a good choice that was :D

*Maths -general or 2unit
2 unit sucks i hate it...its my worst subject
*English-advanced
write practice essay that is general and remember it then adapt it to the question in the exam
*IPT
i dunno...im screwed coz my teacher is shit
*Business Studies
make syllabus notes and study them

hope that helped.l

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
7th Sign said:

i so gave up now...it should keep me in mh till like next uni holz :p

P

pLuvia

man biology is a bloody awesome subject :p.. i love it so much more than chem.. lol..

7th Sign

HSC
kadlil said:
man biology is a bloody awesome subject :p.. i love it so much more than chem.. lol..
biology is boring I was soo over it....im not into any thing to do with science

7th Sign

HSC
suger_plum said:
then why did you choose it?

my parents told me to do it they were like u need a science or some bs

i wish i did ancient history :(

im just unlucky :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)