• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need texts about Leadership (1 Viewer)

cssftw

HSC
Hi guys,

For an English assignment, our current topic for our AOS is "Leadership", and for the assignment we were asked to find 5 texts reflecting the concept of leadership.

Currently i've chosen the 2008 film Valkyrie, however I cannot think of any other possible texts.

Can anyone suggest some really good texts i.e. novels, another film, poems etc??

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Check out this website:

Youthleadership.com - Resources for Preparing A New Generation of Everyday Leaders

And these:
1. Moby Dick (Melville): Captain Ahab can teach us a thing or two everything about vision as it relates to leadership.
2. Catch-22 (Heller): If Heller didn’t invent and define the phrase “Catch-22″ modern organizations would have.
3. Dead Souls (Gogol): How do you go about buying the ’souls’ of dead peasants for a personal profit? You need good sales skills…to say the least.
5. Walden (Thoreau): Keep it simple, stupid.
4. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Hemingway): Protagonist Robert Johnson has to get people on his side in the heat of the Spanish American War.
5. Waiting For Godot (Beckett): The sparse play leaves room for many interpretations, but those in the business world will be all to familiar with the waiting game and it’s implications.
6. Lucky Jim (Amis): Aspirations aren’t easy to have, especially when you can’t stomach your organization and the culture it espouses.
7. Cat’s Cradle (Vonnegut): Do organizations secretly practice Bokononism?
9. Lord of the Flies (Golding): A power struggle during chaotic times will put [organizational] culture on the back burner. “Have you got any matches?” (Chapter 2)
10. The Naked and the Dead (Miller): Set in Japan during World War II, Miller shows us that morals and motives can’t be perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)