• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

New Holden VE Ute tv add... (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
... I actually like it. Unlike the Astra advert which just came off as tacky (why would you want a car which turns into a bicycle when driving?!), the "transformation" effect, especially with the interior of the newest ute, actually looks pretty slick.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
I must admit, it's good.

However, it seems like a blatant ripoff of the BMW ad they had at the start of the year .. the one where it 'transformed' the cars from the 1960's models to the new 2007 model with 'I Like The Way' by Bodyrockers playing in the background.

I quite like the Toyota ads for the Camry and the Aurion. The Ford one's with 'amazing pulling power' make me want to be sick.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
i dont like how they skipped the previous generation utes in the ad :( they were the prettiest.

Captain Moist

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
I must admit, it's good.

However, it seems like a blatant ripoff of the BMW ad they had at the start of the year .. the one where it 'transformed' the cars from the 1960's models to the new 2007 model with 'I Like The Way' by Bodyrockers playing in the background.
That was a great ad.

The holden ad's alright, great cinematography - but not very imaginative or clever.

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
Still a push rod engine people, nothing to exciting

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
um its 6.0L of pushrod V8, and is the faster than the commodore. and its pretty.

so yeah id say it was exciting.

F2001

HSC
hunter1 said:
Still a push rod engine people, nothing too exciting
GM have hit something special in LS1-LS7. If you can't accept that...
Not to mention, they're ridiculously cheap standard. Cheap to mod/bolt on. Great motor.

Jiga

LOL hit something special. Apart from the fact that the LS1's which you make reference to were known to be piston slapping, oil guzzlers and mount tearing engines.... a 2 stroke lawnmower can get 300kw with enough displacement... while the inefficient pushrod gets 300kw out of a 6L engine other premium manufacterers get 400kw from similar displacement or 300kw with less (talking about Lexus F series here... more power, far more refined.... redline at like 8500RPM... try getting a pushrod that high freqently and see what happens!). Even Ford with a OHC engine get 300kw (Cobra and Orion no doubt) from a 5.4L. Power on a budget? Yes. Something special? HELL NO.

Personally Id go for the XR8, same price if not cheaper then SS or SSV (when spec'ed up)... a more sophisiticated engine, faaaar better transmission (ZF) and more reliable (VE has had 3 major recalls in short period). The only thing the Commodore has going for it is its handling, but its the difference between going through a Slalom course at 140km/h instead of 138km/h.. insignificant even on a track let alone public roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

F2001

HSC
Yeah, and what's happening in FIA GT. The C5/C6 Corvettes are slapping Aston's, Masers, not to mention GT1 Le Mans...

300kw... yea and it amazing scalability/response with bolt ons.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I reckon it's alright. Just saw the ad recently. Really like the SS version. The Maloo's rear is hideous though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)