• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Next Prime Minister (2 Viewers)

Who should be the next Prime Minister?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'm a forward-thinking man and I'm also getting quite bored of Ruddkip and his super rosy cheeks and shining white hair. So I'm curious as to who you fine people think should be the next Prime Minister, and why?
My vote is with Barnaby Joyce.
Because he'll work well with the Opposition in these time of economic woes, terrorism and the coming rapture. In fact, he'll work so well with the Opposition, you'll think he was one of them!

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You deleted your old thread to throw in "rosy cheeks and shining white hair"? Also Rudd isnt on the poll :\

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Iron said:
You deleted your old thread to throw in "rosy cheeks and shining white hair"? Also Rudd isnt on the poll :\
Sorry, I deleted the old thread cos i forgot to include the poll.
And we're working on the premise of Ruddkip losing the next election or being overthrown in a violent, inter-party coup.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I reject your premise

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You reject most things i say. In fact, I'm surprised you haven't deleted this thread yet, simply because you rejected my starting it. Please don't, by the way.

Lentern

HSC
With respect this is a terrible poll. Of the current mix I think Hockey has the best chance of going on to be prime minister and if Rudd was to pass on the leadership after two or three terms T Blair style I think he would give it to Stephen Smith. Swanny and Garrett are not even remotely in the mix.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
With respect this is a terrible poll. Of the current mix I think Hockey has the best chance of going on to be prime minister and if Rudd was to pass on the leadership after two or three terms T Blair style I think he would give it to Stephen Smith. Swanny and Garrett are not even remotely in the mix.
I mostly just did it for the lols.

Lentern

HSC
I'm sorry saying it was terrible was just cruel and nasty and unneccessary. But honestly I think if by election Hockey, if by coup Gillard, if by handover Smith.

spiny norman

HSC
No way.

Firstly, I can't see Rudd losing. For some time. People said it was a honeymoon, now they're saying extended honeymoon, but at 59-41, that's a really fucking popular Prime Minister, and it will take a long time for that to be whittled away (unless this financial crisis becomes really bad).

So I think the next PM will be from the ALP side, but I don't think it'll be Stephen Smith. For starters, he's not particularly well known, aside for middle-aged women like my mother who term him "the hot one". Fact is, a lot of people are really hanging out for a woman to finally get to the top job, and Gillard seems to be the one. In Australian politics, every woman nearing that level of success has been picked off (see Julie Bishop now) but Gillard still is there, and incredibly popular herself.

She may be from the Left, but her great popularity means she can not be snubbed, I don't think.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Iron said:
How could Rudd be the next Prime Minister if he's the incumbent?

Most likely Julia Gillard or Wayne Swann. As if Labor is going to lose the next election with the opinion polls they're getting.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Julie Bishop
chicky_pie, kwabon, Kwayera

oh pfft... can't believe us 3 voted for her, I mean she can take over Turnbull, Gillard, Swan, Rudd ANY DAY for PM. I have this gut feeling that I'll be seeing her as PM in the near future. :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Whoever put Bob Brown and Barnaby Joyce, both Senators, in is fucking stupid. I hope it wasn't you Iron.

Check your premises Theist.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
A lowly mod like me has no power over polls

HSC
3 people have voted for Bishop? I thought her status as opposition treasurer was under threat as we speak?

Gilly.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Purely on leadership terms, I cant deny that Turnbull is, like, the best thing since Deakin.

impervious182

HSC
Funny that Costello and Swan have no votes; both Government Treasurers at a time. Erm... I personally, really like Brendan Nelson, no matter what other people say. I saw him passionately arguing for pensioners and since then I've liked him as a politician. His positions of climate change etc. are also quite good and different to Rudd's, whereas Turnbull is just begrudgingly agreeing.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
chicky_pie said:
Julie Bishop
chicky_pie, kwabon, Kwayera

oh pfft... can't believe us 3 voted for her, I mean she can take over Turnbull, Gillard, Swan, Rudd ANY DAY for PM. I have this gut feeling that I'll be seeing her as PM in the near future. :)
Who gave YOU the right to vote? Bloody women!

Joking... :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
From Labor side--Gillard
From Liberal--Turnbull
Between the two--Gillard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)