• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Next Prime Minister (2 Viewers)

Who should be the next Prime Minister?

• Total voters
HSC
Some people have pointed to the ex-union leaders who entered politics at the last election - Greag Combet and Bill Shorten - as possible future leaders. Copmbet is kind of unimpressive, but Shorten looks and sounds quite competent...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
incentivation said:
Is it just me or do his posts reek of some intellectual superiority? This is a forum. Get over grammatical errors.

Hockey for the win. If Gillard is ever PM, heaven help us. That voice. Oh that voice :cold:
those shoulder pads

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Quite like Julie Bishop however it appears she's not doing so well in her career...

I hope Julia Gillard becomes the first female PM

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I copped an eye-full of Combet in Borders the week before last. He was brushing up on Australian history. I respected his privacy too much to approach

Lentern

HSC
incentivation said:
Is it just me or do his posts reek of some intellectual superiority? This is a forum. Get over grammatical errors.

Hockey for the win. If Gillard is ever PM, heaven help us. That voice. Oh that voice :cold:
I've got no problem with grammatical errors, everyone does them just as people misspeak and the like. Errors are fine, but when I see someone do something like spell imbecile "imbosile", I like to enlighten them. Considering you and the subsequent posters used the word "agendas" I became concerned people might actually think it's a collective noun, as I once did. This rule is actually more common than you think, more than one stadium are stadia, more than one referendum are referenda, more than one pendulum are pendula and so on and so forth. Isn't it fun to know these little things.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Lentern said:
With respect this is a terrible poll. Of the current mix I think Hockey has the best chance of going on to be prime minister and if Rudd was to pass on the leadership after two or three terms T Blair style I think he would give it to Stephen Smith. Swanny and Garrett are not even remotely in the mix.
Smith isn't a leadership contender because he's a Rooster.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Iron said:
Pity the Greens dont have the muscle to get a seat in the real house...
Apparently they're expected to get at least one seat in the next election. God help the coal industry.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lentern said:
Better a rooster than a lemming.
But Lemmings are cute!
Wait... Is this political jargon which means something else entirely?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

lol

I wouldn't mind Joe Hockey if he wasn't such a hack in general, and such a tool in parliament.

"Point of order mr. speaker"
"sit down joe"

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Julie Bishop is doing amazingly well in her career, what are you on about?
Um, you been paying attention? She's doing fairly lousy. She is to Turnbull what Palin was to McCain.

Lentern

HSC
moll. said:
But Lemmings are cute!
Wait... Is this political jargon which means something else entirely?
When Stephens Smith and Conroy with the help of old Swanny tried to oust Crean and reinstall Beazley Latham christened them the three roosters. To be honest I never really got it but the tag was adopted heavilly in the media. Journalist Peter Brent labelled those members of the labor party who voted for Latham over Beazley "The Lemmings", the tag has since on occasions been adopted by Gerrard Henderson, David Marr, Andrew Bolt and Annabelle Crabb.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Trefoil said:
Um, you been paying attention? She's doing fairly lousy. She is to Turnbull what Palin was to McCain.
Oh now thats going a bit far. Bishop is not incompetent as an MP or even minister, but she tried to play at a level beyond her, trying to be a Costello/Keating kind of deputy and ended up making some very big blunders. If Sophie Mirabella was made deputy leader a comparison to Sarah Palin could be made, although Sophie is not so pretty.

spiny norman

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Some people have pointed to the ex-union leaders who entered politics at the last election - Greag Combet and Bill Shorten - as possible future leaders. Copmbet is kind of unimpressive, but Shorten looks and sounds quite competent...
You've got that so the wrong way around.

Combet's awesome, Shorten's a shithead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)