• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

non equilibrium (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I have an exam coming up and need some help on the following question. "Analyses non equilibrium market situations." It's been difficult to find much information, in my textbook " Tim Dixon" i cannot find anything... any help would be appreciated.

btw this is preliminary, not hsc.

Thanks

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems more like a marking criteria than an actual question to me.

barbernator

HSC
You need to be able to talk about how the market reacts to a change in demand or supply to reach a new equilibrium I guess...

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Seems more like a marking criteria than an actual question to me.
Yeah that's what it pretty much is, our teacher gave us a list of the things we need to know like that to help us with our study.

chrisman9519

HSC
its referring to where the market is not in equillibrium such as where there is a supply shortfall/surplus and a demand surplus/shortfall.
they would want you to learn about price floors/price ceilings to redistribute income back to suppliers/consumers through price intervention. putting these in place would create a non-equilibrium situation. research previous examples where either have been put into place specifically in australia.

if u have the dixon textbook 2011 edition it is on pages 109-111. also it is 8.5 government intervention in the marketplace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)