• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Not confident about economics HSC (1 Viewer)

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I am currently rank 1 in my school, our school usually gets on average about 4 Band 6's , with a fairly average economics cohort (rank 1/24(raw 94%)) but I have no idea what mark I am aiming for in hsc or what is achievable?

These are my scores for my assessments and a brief description of what the assessments were about

1. Weighting 20% Hand in Case Study:Country of Choice China-100% Rank 1/24 (tied with 2 others)
2. Weighting 20% Half Yearly Examination: 60 marker:10mc:30SA:1 Extended-95% Rank 1/24
3. Weighting 10% Multiple Choice Quiz (Dun fucked up):40 marker: 30mc:10SA- 90% Rank 2/24
4. Weighting 20% Group Work Task:Labour Market Policies: 30 marks-93% Rank 1/24
5. Weighting 30% Trial Examination: HSC Style examination:100 marks:90% Rank 2/24 (dun fucked up, couldnt read my extendeds due to messy handwriting :(, problem has been more or less fixed now) (Lost 6 marks directly cos of this, teacher even said :( )

Overall 1/24

Was wondering what type of score I could get in the hsc examination based upon this, also I will try and find a copy of our trial examination and so you have a point of reference.

Thanks for your help,
Also for reference, i usually get about 19/20 for mc in hsc papers when i do them and the rest i dont really know what i would get but in trials i got 38/40 for SA lost 2 marks on definitions which i didnt learn ><

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hmm probs shouldn't lose marks on short answers for state rank.
Inb4mreditor16

emilios

HSC
Wtf are you talking about? This whole forums crazy I swear man. If you're consistently getting 19/20 for MC and 38/40 for SA then you have nothing to worry about. Just keep doing what you've been doing, don't slack off, and target your weaknesses and you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)