• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Who had an interview for Uni of Notre Dame Sydney?

Discuss.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Well the initial question is who had an interview for the uni. And from that anything could really be discussed: how the interview went, how keen you are to attend the uni, what course you looking at.

Dictate.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was considering apply since I just want to do a law degree and dont care where...but the application process was too much work and their predicted cutoff was higher than i expected

HSC
Seeing as all this thread managed to establish last time round was that UND was opposite UTS, I'd like to give it another shot since It's relevant to what I'm looking for.

I just got the call today asking me to come in for an interview, and i'm really unsure of what's going to happen when I sit down for it. Has anyone done an interview at the Sydney campus before? What was the interview like?

Input from other who have done interviews appreciated of course :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Trampoline Man said:
Seeing as all this thread managed to establish last time round was that UND was opposite UTS, I'd like to give it another shot since It's relevant to what I'm looking for.

I just got the call today asking me to come in for an interview, and i'm really unsure of what's going to happen when I sit down for it. Has anyone done an interview at the Sydney campus before? What was the interview like?

Input from other who have done interviews appreciated of course :)
Have you had your interview yet?
I can tell you about my interview for B Commerce which I applied for last year if you still require assistance.

HSC
Huratio said:
Have you had your interview yet?
I can tell you about my interview for B Commerce which I applied for last year if you still require assistance.
Not yet, it's on the 13th, so tips would still be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Types of questions they ask:
- Why did you apply for this course? (Normally referring to your first preference)
- Why apply @ Notre Dame?
- What is your opinion on compulsory Theology and Ethics?
- What are you planning to major in?

Types of questions they like to hear from you:
- What can I do with my course in regards to sub-majors and electives?
- What plans do Notre Dame have for expansion in the Sydney campus into other fields such as Science and Information Technology?

Other things to chuck into your answers:
- Extra curricular activities
- Leadership roles at High School

They are the only questions I remember.. anyways good luck with the interview Trampoline Man!

NB (for future applicants):
melsc said:
I was considering apply since I just want to do a law degree and dont care where...but the application process was too much work and their predicted cutoff was higher than i expected
- Application process wasn't too much work- Filling out a form, compiling a 300 word essay and going to an interview ain't hard.
- They accept people with UAI's lower than the suggested cutoff (up to 5 UAI I believe) if you performed will in the interview. This is due to the low demand of the courses.
- Definately a place to consider for tertiary education. Medicine is opening up in 2007.
jasee said:
Notre Dame is opposite UTS!
Yep.
- Close to central station; broadway location.

Last edited:
HSC
Excellent, thanks alot for the tips Huratio. The info is much appreciated, and will help with my nerves ahead of the interview :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)