• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonazi

and in more news, ben hornby has resigned with the dragons (i think he is da biggest tosser) and criag frawley has signed with da raiders.
and da cowboys will get their first channel 9 free to air game since their first ever game in 1995 against da bulldogs. this will be in round 25 against da tigers.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
hahaha ben hornby, what a joke.

Dude, I think "da" is spelt "the".

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
That's not shorthand. If you knew what shorthand really was, you'd kill yourself.

nerd2die4

HSC
and even more news, vaeliki has been released from the eels to play in england. you reckon this will hurt the chances of Dykes being released to play for the sharks?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
i remember they tried the two refs thing. whatever happened to that?

neonazi

the nrl will trial interchangin refs before the finals, probably with the shit games that wont effect the top 8.
they tried it before in the last couple of seasons to see if it would work with the shit refs and they didnt have much controversy. the only toher time i can remember ref swappin was when one got injured durin the game and had to be replaced.
i think its quite stupid as u'll have one ref who refs in one style, then he'll be replaced by a different ref wit a different style, and the boof-head players might not be able to adapt for 10-20 minutes, which could cost them the game.

nerd2die4

HSC
ohh turn it up. the players dont need to worry about adapting if they play the game fairly they should have no problem. and the NRL is a disgrace if you ask me, they have trialled the two ref things plent of times in the past. they did it last year in games that didnt affect the top eight, so where was the pressure? the NRL need to trial it for a whole season in school boy and/or Jersey FLegg to see if it capable of working. giving it two games a year wont do anythink, but thats the NRL for ya, they try and make it look like they care about the situation but in reality they dont.

neonazi

well how bout if u have a ref like tim mander gettin replaced by a tony archer? two completely different refs, mander is a good one and archer is shit. how would u like to be playin and have a good ref makin the right calls then a shit one comin out and refin shit??? and some refs like to give out more penalties than others which can disrupt the flow of the game for players.

nerd2die4

HSC
how do you know this? have you trialled the switch of referees, for a long period of time to know that the players will be disrupted? I think the system we have works fine and there is no need for a change. but if the NRL wants to trial it, it needs to be done over a whole season at schoolboy level to see if its effective or not.

neonazi

im just makin my own opinion and i beleive that they shouldnt have this interchangin of refs at the top level. i think it could lead into too many problems, and there could be the endless line of "the second ref cost us the game" excuses when teams lose.

neonazi

and in other nrl news, the storm have just signed jamie feeney who, along with dennis scott also from the dogs, will cover the loss of reynoldson and kearney.

neonazi

Melbourne will make the grand final next yr. the knights will surprise everyone and make it too. the roosters and cowboys will be in the top 4. dragons, bulldogs, broncos and panthers will round out the eight, with the warriors, manly, and rabbitohs will end up on the fringes. parra will get the wooden spoon.
1. Melbourne
2. Knights
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Bulldogs
7. Dragons
8. Panthers
9. Warriors
10. Manly
11. Rabbitohs
12. Raiders
13. Tigers
14. Sharks
15. Eels

nerd2die4

HSC
hahaha as if that will happen!!! eels wont come last. sharks wont come second last. melbourne wont lead the competition. cowboys wont make the top 4, if they make the eight ill be happy, but come on top 4. warriors?? they go from being the shittest to comming 9th??? thats shocking. panthers will go further then just 8, they were unlucky this year with injuries. manly, as long as they have hoppa and mullane they will continue to linger at the bottom of the table.

.:b-me:.

memories consume
neonazi said:
Melbourne will make the grand final next yr. the knights will surprise everyone and make it too. the roosters and cowboys will be in the top 4. dragons, bulldogs, broncos and panthers will round out the eight, with the warriors, manly, and rabbitohs will end up on the fringes. parra will get the wooden spoon.
1. Melbourne
2. Knights
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Bulldogs
7. Dragons
8. Panthers
9. Warriors
10. Manly
11. Rabbitohs
12. Raiders
13. Tigers
14. Sharks
15. Eels

sorry dude, i think you're dreaming.
especially knights second? not a chance, unless johnsy manages to stay fit for the ENTIRE season (highly doubtful). and i don't really think melbourne could beat the likes of the broncos, roosters and dogs...

but, wishful thinking can be nice :D

rooster, mate roosters!

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
We Are Blue, We Are White, We Are Fuckin Dynamite

neonazi

ok, maybe the warriors and manly wont finish near the eight, but they wont languish at the bottom of the ladder cos they have bought reasonably well. parra dont have a quality backline and will lose most of their games. melbourne and knights may not be one and two but are very good chances at the top 4. and penrith's performance last night against the dogs has shown why i think theyll be eighth next yr, especially without girdler, roberts, and whaturia. i wont stand back on cowboys makin the top 4. they will be there for sure.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I can't see Melbourne being minor premiers next year. 2006 perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)