• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonazi

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
That last Video Ref call in the Knights game was a bit dodgy..........Knights oh so close again....
yeh i thoguht it should have been a try. u couldnt say that he knocked on, and benefit of the doubt hsould have come into that. we might sitll make the eight if we paly like that each week, cos we got a pretty good run into the finals.

.:b-me:.

memories consume
damn the broncos!
and for the record, i started liking the roosters the year before they won the premiership......because of craig wing...but now i love them all :D

neonazi

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Whats the Warriors run home like?
canberra (away)
bye
broncos (home)
dragons (away)
eels (away)
roosters (home)
bulldogs (home)

ur up shit creek cos ur playin four of the top 6 teams in the comp. poor warriors!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm you never know, nothing better than the boys fired up to finish on a high to build on something for next season with wiki and price.

zergcave

HSC
Nrl Sucks.......:u

rugby league is such an inferiority of a sport. tsk such an incredibly boring game...hard to believe obssessed couchpotatoes are watching the same repetious shit for 80 minutes - in essence rugby league is just pple running into this brick walls and hoping to break through for 5 tackles (or gain most ground) then they kick da ball...then next team does the same and vice versa. Rinse and repeat .
until some jacksht happens...like a try or penalty conceded or someone being knocked unconcious to the floor. BORIIiiIING!!

go play/support a REAL sport guys?! who else in the world plays rugby league besides a handful of countries, namely nz and britian. Thats why theres no world cup anymore...the big TNCs arent sponsoring it !!
Further - take a look how much even nrl's top players andrew johns, fittler, lockyer are being paid. Their salary is a piece of dust on an iceberg in comparison to the players of "real sports" such as soccer and basketball and the like. Seaman is at the tender age of ~43 and still getting tens of millions of pounds for next season. Shaq is 32 and gets 45million US alone per season.
Now put that in comparasion to league TOPTOP ELITE players.....a laughable amount ...300,000-500,000 k lmao.....most players in euro soccers top clubs alone get that much in merely 5 weeks or so.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
zergcave said:
rugby league is such an inferiority of a sport. tsk such an incredibly boring game...hard to believe obssessed couchpotatoes are watching the same repetious shit for 80 minutes - in essence rugby league is just pple running into this brick walls and hoping to break through for 5 tackles (or gain most ground) then they kick da ball...then next team does the same and vice versa. Rinse and repeat .
until some jacksht happens...like a try or penalty conceded or someone being knocked unconcious to the floor. BORIIiiIING!!
dude if u talk about the basic principles and aims of any game your gunna make it sound boring.
you used basketball as an example.. all basketball is, is 5 giants bouncing a ball from one end of the court to the other and trying to get it into a ring.
hmmm.. sounds boring...

neonazi

u think soccer is excitin????? that is the most boring game i have ever heard of. u watch it for 90 minutes and at the end the game is 0-0. rugby league gets a result at the end no matter what and that what makes it excitin. soccer is a frustratin game because it takes so long to score a goal, and they r a bunch of pussies (oh my god, u stepped on my leg, now i require surgery). In just about every other sport u touch another opponent and its all good, but soccer players r wimps and cant handle it.
and u dont give the best examples of non borin sports in soccer and basketball. in simple terms, soccer is "kick a ball back and forth but dont run into anyone cos u'll ruin ur $1500 haircut and $10000 facial and so on", and basketball is "team A has ball and shoots, then team B has ball and shoots, then team A has ball and shoots etc etc etc." at least if ur gonna say rugby league is borin, back it up with tru excitin sports, and the only other sport that could be considered as more excitin would be extreme sports.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
zergcave said:

go play/support a REAL sport guys?! who else in the world plays rugby league besides a handful of countries, namely nz and britian. Thats why theres no world cup anymore...the big TNCs arent sponsoring it !!
Further - take a look how much even nrl's top players andrew johns, fittler, lockyer are being paid. Their salary is a piece of dust on an iceberg in comparison to the players of "real sports" such as soccer and basketball and the like. Seaman is at the tender age of ~43 and still getting tens of millions of pounds for next season. Shaq is 32 and gets 45million US alone per season.
Now put that in comparasion to league TOPTOP ELITE players.....a laughable amount ...300,000-500,000 k lmao.....most players in euro soccers top clubs alone get that much in merely 5 weeks or so.
If you don't like it, don't open the thread. It's as simple as that.

zergcave

HSC
Re:

go play/support a REAL sport guys?! who else in the world plays rugby league besides a handful of countries said:
rugby league is simply not recognised enough internationally. And with no world cup, there is little chance of it ever rising to become a real world sport. This is because there havent been (or not that i know of) big multi-nationals have been sponsoring rugby league longterm for ages. and with such salry cap restrictions ..league is going to continue losing its top players to union (the better , and more recgnised form of rugby)...in search of higher pay , true international fame becoz of much more overseas competetion, more CHALLENGE, etc ........
you guys seen rugby players converting to league?!! pfft

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
andrew walker went from league to union back to league, so did nathan blacklock...

Rugby league has world sevens, which is a mini world cup. ill admit that league is not internationally recognised, but how does that make it a bad game. american football is not exactly internationally renowned, there is no world cup, yet is is one of the greatest past-times in america, and one of the most popular spectator sports

neonazi

great example there mojoman. nfl is basically only played in america, and yet it is one of the best games there is.
but if u hate rugby league so much, dont come in this rugby league thread and start baggin it out. i despise soccer, but i dont go into the soccer thread and say its hell shit. if u dont like it, leave it alone.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
zergcave said:
rugby league is simply not recognised enough internationally. And with no world cup, there is little chance of it ever rising to become a real world sport.
what are you talking about? there is a rugby league world cup

neonazi

and zergcave, u cant really call the rugby union world cup much because it really is only a contest between five teams (australia, england, nz, south africa, and france). the other teams shouldnt even be allowed to play those because they r so inferior to the rest and just about always get beaten. occasionally the upset occurs but not often. rugby league has three very strong teams (australia, nz, and england) and to keep the interest in international fixtures, they r havin a tri nations tournament at the end of the yr with just these teams. this means we dont have to sit and watch an australian team walk all over a lower ranked opposition (like aus v zimbabwe in cricket) and it will be an excitin tournament.

nerd2die4

HSC
i'll put this simply so that zergcave can understand, because its obvious he/she knows nothing when it comes to sport.

Rugby league is gods gift to the people, if you dont like it, as reg would put it you can 'go and get stuffed'.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
zergcave said:
YOUR AN IDIOT. Comparing rugby league to the likes of soccer and basketball(nba) is like comparing formula 1 to something like professional go karting. Soccer and basketball are pretty much world games played in countries with a far greater population to that of Australia. Plus their sponsorship contracts are huge, not to mention television exposure is international aired. So it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realise that joeys, fittlers and lockyers of rugby league will not be paid as much as the ronaldos, the shaqs and the zidanes. League players love the game, their salarys are relative to the standard of living here in australia and they are continuing to grow a game which is no doubt apart of Australian culture.

zergcave said:
rugby league is simply not recognised enough internationally. And with no world cup, there is little chance of it ever rising to become a real world sport. This is because there havent been (or not that i know of) big multi-nationals have been sponsoring rugby league longterm for ages. and with such salry cap restrictions ..league is going to continue losing its top players to union (the better , and more recgnised form of rugby)...in search of higher pay , true international fame becoz of much more overseas competetion, more CHALLENGE, etc ........
you guys seen rugby players converting to league?!! pfft
Once again you have no idea what your on about. The rugby league WC has been around since the 50's. and the salary cap restrictions are there for a reason, to make a level playing field to an extent. Otherwise you would have the likes of the broncos and roosters signing every single good player. Hmm rugby players going to league?
Nathan Blacklock
Andrew Walker
Ricky Stuart
Ryan Mcgoldrick
Sam harris

nerd2die4

HSC
copious said:
Nathan Blacklock
Andrew Walker
Ricky Stuart
Ryan Mcgoldrick
Sam harris
though i do agree with what you are saying copious, but watching these players go about i just wish they go back. I hate blacklocks whinging and im not a fan of ricky because he offers nothing to the game. Walker is a junkie, he plays good footy but is a junkie andi dont like that. except for Ryan mcgoldrick, he plays with pride and passion in that sharkies jeresey and i like that. ohh and harris i dont mind him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)