• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ok i think ive screwed it up big time... :( (1 Viewer)

jbax89

HSC
well story starts as a lazy kid thinking "meh ill cruise and see how things go" now i realised i can go pretty decent if i put my self into studying etc etc.. but is it too late? i need a UAI of atleast 65 -yeah i know aparently its easy...- but i personally think ive screwed up pretty hard.. im ranked 1st in a few subjects (legal and business studies) however my business pass mark was absolutely crap 50.5... now you see roughly my grades are at 55%-60% for business,modern and english. I am ay around 65-70% for legal and way low for maths... however recently i have started studying 3-4hrs a day (solid study) and i think i can hit my grades up to the 80% for legal,busines and maybe modern, 80% for adv english and 75% for maths.. thats for trials/HSC examination is my aim of a min UAI (65.00) possible?

thaughts much aprieciated.

Dave2007

HSC
You can get a UAI of 65 with an IQ of 65.

Maybe thats a slight exaggeration...but you have at least one set of assessments and trials left (a.k.a half your assessment mark) and your whole HSC left. You've done about half the assessments (a quarter of the total) now - so OF COURSE its not too late.

And if your getting 1st ranks in subjects and think you can easily pull it up, and your subjects arent especially stupid, you should have 0 problems in getting 65 if you just put in a bit more work.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe your school sets hard assessment tasks, which is why your marks are lower than usual
this is where moderation comes in (for more info go here http://community.boredofstudies.org...na/6642/explanation-hsc-marks-moderating.html)
ranking 1st in a few subjects is always a good sign, so dont lose hope.
between now and the hsc exams, just study and work to the best of your ability, get good ranks, and if you do that right up till the day your hsc finishes, then i dont see why you cant get the UAI that you deserve

jbax89

HSC
well im trying way hard to get my ass in study mode... its not easy :( but ive been cruising through other forums and kids getting straight 70-75's ending up with uai's of like 55 thats like NOOOOOOO IM SCREWWWWWWWED
:( i dont know what to do im way confused..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
study hard, but not too hard as the likelihood of burnout increases, and you certainly dont want that to happen.
dont think about marks just yet, because thatll just make you even more depressed, and thus no motivation to do well at all
all i can say is just to focus on the task at hand, and dont worry about other kids, because you're the only one thats in control on how well you do

orly?

HSC
if it helps u, one of my friends did hsc a few yrs ago and never studied EVER in prelim-yr12 and got 60 uai...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)