• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

OnStage-when will we know??? (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i was just wondering if anyone who was nominated for onstage knows whether they got in yet, or knows when we will be finding out.

i cant take all this waiting. just give it to me straight :)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm quite sure that they only let you know after the HSC exams. No doubt they will have decided much earlier (probably already) but their thinking is that they don't want to distress kiddys when the HSC exams are nigh.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
im distressing more thinking and worrying about it right now, and to think that ill have to wait another 6 weeks or so...well....aaarghhh!

it didnt even affect me before. i dont think i would have even givin it a minutes thought if i hadnt got nominated...and now this is torturous! mainly because i really dont think that my IP suits video, and this has lowered the impact somewhat. good lord i am a fool to be worrying like this. silly silly...

Peartie

HSC
Nominations have been done... If youd been nominated a video tape had to have been sent in about 1 week ago

You dont find out if your 'audition' was successful for quite a while - Video, Script, Design and Critical analysis dont find out for a while either

queeny

HSC
yeh the nominations have already been done i think they found out about 2weeks ago... i think 2 individuals and 5 groups got nominated which is quite a good effort this year, considering last year only 1 ip and 1 group got nominated.
i just want to find out who got into encore!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no. i got nominated already. i did the tape and sent it in. now im just waiting on the call backs. and they will make us wait forever i just know it.

Gummy_bear

HSC
I think they call you back so you can perform in front of the people who choose, then they'll tell you after they see all the people that they are thinking about.

so, there is a 2nd audition you have to got to i think.

I know that all the submitted works, costume design etc. havnt gotten any nominations yet because they havnt been marked yet, like with art.
Costume and all that are supposed to know about...november i think??

Correct me if im wrong of course!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
I think they call you back so you can perform in front of the people who choose, then they'll tell you after they see all the people that they are thinking about.

so, there is a 2nd audition you have to got to i think.

I know that all the submitted works, costume design etc. havnt gotten any nominations yet because they havnt been marked yet, like with art.
Costume and all that are supposed to know about...november i think??

Correct me if im wrong of course!
No, I'm sure that there is no second round of auditions. They will choose purely on the tape you've already sent away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)