• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Opiniontime: Ankle boots! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A

Now, ankle boots have been around for a few years but didn't really start to be worn with short skirts etc until like, last year? (forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't wear them so I can't recall exactly when they started to become mainstream)

What are your opinions? Do you really like it, or do you think it is just a passing fad?

Personally I think it's a passing fad. At least, I hope so. The detail they put into those boots can be REALLY CUTE but unfortunately when worn with anything other than pants (which cover the cuteness of the boot), they make your legs look short, and thus anyone who didn't win the gene pool lottery (ie naturally long legs) looks stupid in them :( It reminds me of black skinnyleg jeans, but worse (they'll look good on some people, but definately not everyone).

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Yep.

Ankle boots can only be worn with very short things, and thus, you must have long/toned/slim legs.

However, if you possess this attribute, they are mega hot. way better than long boots.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Man i love ankle boots, yeah the ones that are rather slim around the ankles only look good on long legs, but the ones that are kindof folded about the ankle and a bit loose can really look good on (almost) anyone. It depends on the boot.

karoooh

HSC
I quite like em!

Might buy a pair, me thinks. I'm not sure if I like the folded ones though.

HSC
N/A
Heidi Klum wore some the other day on Project Runway. I reckon you could have felt my seething jealousy from the other end of the house.

Although it's a waste of time to want something I'll never have, I guess :(

(why is it that so many of the current hot trends are so unforgiving? :()

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I like to think I can wear them.

Same as I think I can wear really tight skinny jeans.

But I think I'm wrong on both accounts :eek: oh and glitterfairy! I saw them too and she looked fantastic in them. Maybe it's only models who can really get away with them.

Skeeta

HSC
I was THIS close to buying a pair last season. The beauty of them is, if they go out of style, you can just wear them with pants and ppl think you're wearing regular boots.
I might give in this season

I have slim legs, but they're not exactly long. Well, i think they're as long as they can be for someone who is 5 foot 2 :eek:

Edit: The ones i want are VERY ankle-ish. I have regular ones. Like, these kind of look like shoes. I dont know if we're talking about the same thing.

HSC
N/A
For what it's worth I was thinking about buying ankleboots (my definition: Anything from bonafide ankle boot to slightly above ankle) this winter, not that I'd ever wear them with anything but pants, but they're more comfortable to walk in than knee-high-boots-under-jeans (which you can't sit down cross-legged properly in. Look great but not very versatile). Hmmmm might buy some next winter ;)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'd love to be able to wear them, but i had enough trouble being able to find a pair of longer (mid-calf) boots that i could fit into - i'd die before i looked good in a pair of ankle boots without pants covering my legs...and that's a bit of a waste imo

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I hate to boast but my legs are the only thing I wouldn't ever change. They're long, toned, slim etc. Horay!

I could probably pull them off.

I've seen really ugly ones recently though. The type where it folds over the ankle and just makes the ankle part look chunky. I couldn't find a google picture but god. Ankles are so dainty and hot. Why make ankles look chunky?

I *think* the first picture's model is wearing them.

Eh. But back to normal ankle boots, might buy some this winter. *shrug*

karoooh

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I hate to boast but my legs are the only thing I wouldn't ever change.
Me too! I think I might be able to pull em off... But I'll only be absolutely certain when I get around to trying on some pairs.

I saw a couple, really cute, suede ankle boots today in the city in purple and black and I want em, I want em, I want em!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have quite slim legs but they're a bit *too* slim for my liking. and im a bit of a shortass as well. i don't reckon i could pull them off. well actually, maybe... but it would really depend how short the skirt/shorts/whatever were that i wore them with. it *could* look good on me but it'd be really chancy.

pretty much only 7 foot tall perfect supermodel types can pull them off unconditionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)