• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

overweight and old mothers refused IVF (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
Fat women shouldn't be mothers. They are simply emotionally & physically too weak to do so.
Violent men shouldn't be fathers either.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I agree 100%.

All my mates who train & fight beat the fuck out of their kids, of course. :rolleyes:

*Minka*

HSC
There are people out there who are young and skinny that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Good parents are not determined by their age or weight.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Probably, but I don't think there's that many women with hips that are extremely skinny, I also don't think the problems raised would be on as great a scale.

*Minka*

HSC
Put simply - I'd rather have an overweight mother have a child than some fuckface who lets her five year old walk four kilometers along main streets to school with no shoes and doesn't know where they are of an afternoon because they are completely wasted by 2pm.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes they do, which is wh ywe have the cesarian section :D

the actual reasons for an increased amount of premature, or misscariaged babies in skinny[i.e small hips] women is [as my mother explained it] something to do with some sort of medical jargon the gist of which i picked up was hormonal

apparently women 40+ have an incredibly high rate of
a) infertility
b) misscariage
but most importantly they have a much higher chance of having a fucked up baby, downes sydnrome being the highest

obese women[dont forget he is talking about women with BMI over 35] are also physically at risk if they manage to fall pregnant, both during the pregnancy and the delivery

ever seen a baby die during delivery? well it happens alot more with fat mothers

be aware though this is all second hand knowledge and if i am wrong in anyway its not my mums fault, its mine cause i dont fully understand all of what she says

MarqueriteGodoy

HSC
Overweight might affect women’s fertility. There can be disturbance in the normal process and consistent ovulation. Yes IVF is a good treatment for many women to get pregnant. But overweight might create lots of trouble in the success of the treatment. To improve pregnancy chance, women need to lose weight before going through the procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)