• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Packing!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ashleet

HSC
semester 2 if there are vacancies, but im gonna apply early this year for next year regardless

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I know what you mean about buying stuff!!!! I have bought tons lately!!!

Just today I bought a frying pan, can opener, pair of scissors, little chopping board, microvawable containers, spatula, some coathangers.... the list goes on and on and on!

hahaha...

woah...u r really prepared..

but u r bound to miss something..

thank god sydney has heaps of stores everywhere...esp in ct...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
meretherond is about to start uni
read her siggy 'class of 2003'

hehe!
Yeah I am starting University this year but where does it say "Class of 2003":confused:? All I have in my signature is a banner of Jennifer Love Hewitt, which isn't working at the moment:(.

Also, I am a "HE". I have lost count of how many times I have been called a "she" on this message board:lol:. Maybe I should start a thread about it:D.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Oops! sorry Merethrond, i also assumed that you were a "she"

That is, until now. :D
Probably 'coz of your avatar... it could be misleading :rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
Oops! sorry Merethrond, i also assumed that you were a "she"

That is, until now. :D
Probably 'coz of your avatar... it could be misleading :rolleyes:
Don't worry i am used to it now:eek:. I think people do get the wrong impression because of my avatar:D.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Don't worry i am used to it now:eek:. I think people do get the wrong impression because of my avatar:D.
I was about to ask about that actually. Your avatar always lead me to believe that you are indeed male, but I had the impression that you were an 04 kid. Also, your banner doesn't work.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
also, i dont know if this has been mentioned either, but pack sentimental stuff from home...like your first ever teddy bear, photos, your fave pillow, stuff like that, coz the first couple of weeks, whilst they will be really fun, will prob also be pretty hard, esp if your moving a fair way from home

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yeah, good idea

i'm gonna bring all my stuffed toys (only have about 3 or 4), and will also take the kitten poster off my wall, and the curtains + matching doona cover off my bed (to recreate the same 'feel' as home). And plenty of photos of friends n' stuff...

maybe bring along (or buy) a dictionary & thesaurus as well (two-in-one combined versions are excellent, esp Oxford.)

anything else?

Ribbon

I know this isn't a 'packing' thing but before you leave I think everyone should have a big party with all thier school friends... I had mine last night and it was awesome... was also a bit sad though because I knew it was my last chance to see everyone...

as for taking pictures... it was sortof my 18th as well, because I will be gone off to uni and won't be able to go out with my friend... so as you'd expect my mum was out there taking pictures... I will have to make sure I take those with me...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I was about to ask about that actually. Your avatar always lead me to believe that you are indeed male, but I had the impression that you were an 04 kid. Also, your banner doesn't work.
Nope, definitely a 2003'er here. Yeah, I know my banner is broken for some reason but I haven't got around to fixing it yet:).

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
I know this isn't a 'packing' thing but before you leave I think everyone should have a big party with all thier school friends... I had mine last night and it was awesome... was also a bit sad though because I knew it was my last chance to see everyone...
i had one of those last nite too! it was great! gots my fotos developed today, i didnt waste any time, they are hilarious :D one of my friends stole my street sign and everyone signed it, its so cool.

Ashleet

HSC
im having a party the night b4 i go up, probably not a smart idea but hey, it means i can be passed out and or sleeping all the way up to armidale. its also a combined party with one of my friends, so shall be much fun.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
if ur moving out and its ok woth ur parents what is a really good idea is to get an exchange student to live in ur place, around $200 p/w if u get a student that speaks english and upto $350 if they dont speak english this can go a long way to covering the cost of having a student out of home

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Originally posted by melbournian
I won't be. I'll go clubbing or pubbing a few nights before, but the night before nothing, as I want to get driving practice in.
just remember no crazy hook turns in this this town :D:D

Ribbon

Originally posted by woohohoohoo
i had one of those last nite too! it was great! gots my fotos developed today, i didnt waste any time, they are hilarious :D one of my friends stole my street sign and everyone signed it, its so cool.
haha... that does sound like a great idea... I already have enough street signs though... the centrepiece in my loungeroom is a 'no golf' sign (don't know if you have ever seen them, it is a stick guy holding a golf stick on his shoulder, with a big red circle and slash around it...) I wish I had've thought of it I would've taken it and got everyone to sign... I guess I'll just have to have another party to get everyone to come around again :) :) :)

bex

HSC
Oh jeez.. when i moved to Bathurst i think i took more stuff than anyone ever before me! I filled our whole 4wd with stuff! if you want to know my essential list, msg me.. im too tired right now!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The people who will be sharing an apartment with me will probably pay me out so much about the amount of stuff I'm taking!! It's crazy!

s2ophie

HSC
I'm reviving this thread because i am actually forced to pack now considering i leave on friday! Aaaaaahhhhh!!! help me people...how did you do it???????????

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I've packed all my shorts but 3, and all t-shirts but 4 or 5. I still need to pack winter clothes among other essential items. ;)

Leaving this Sunday!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)