• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pathways (1 Viewer)

Shiloh

HSC
I'm doing Pathways (Yr 12 over 2 years) is their anyone who is in their second year that can tell me how they handled it and if theres any advice? oh yeah, im in my first year.

Gemstone

Oh my friend is doing that and she's in the second year of it. She did pretty well last year got nothing below 85 or something. Anyway I think she finds it either and it takes a lot of the presure off her. I could see if she's got any advice for you if you want me too.

Gemma

JimBob

HSC
N/A
We have a girl in our drama class who is doing it. She's in her second year. We all hate her coz she never turns up to class and doesn't do anything on the rare occasion that she is there. Yeah, make sure you go to class....

I could never do it, I just wanna get out of school, can't wait!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know some people who did it. they had to for various reasons, and if they weren't at school it was for good reasons, not because they were bludging. umm, i don't know if they had any advice, besides that at the end of this year when you have done your hsc exams and are ready to start year 12 for the 2nd time, you will be able to see all the things you did right and wrong and do them next year!

Shiloh

HSC
Originally posted by Gemstone
Oh my friend is doing that and she's in the second year of it. She did pretty well last year got nothing below 85 or something. Anyway I think she finds it either and it takes a lot of the presure off her. I could see if she's got any advice for you if you want me too.

Gemma
Over 85? jeez, that would be nice. Im not going that well at the moment if my half yrlys are anything to go by... if you friend does have advice that would be good!

Gemstone

Over 85? jeez, that would be nice. Im not going that well at the moment if my half yrlys are anything to go by... if you friend does have advice that would be good!
Yeah she's pretty smart. Though she's young. I think she did it so she could do a lot of her outside of school things and also so she could still have a job. Anyway she said that she didn't really have any advice other than to show up to your classes, and do the best you can, oh and take advantage of the extra time you get cos it'll be really valuable latter on.

Gems

KarmaKitten

HSC
we have 2 girls from my grade doing it, and 3 girls from last year who are finishing of their second year. i think its okay. but i couldnt do it myself!

Shiloh

HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
we have 2 girls from my grade doing it, and 3 girls from last year who are finishing of their second year. i think its okay. but i couldnt do it myself!
Can i ask if you know their reasons for doing Pathways?

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by Shiloh
Can i ask if you know their reasons for doing Pathways?

most of them are there for personal reasons (family, etc), but then there are also a few who are district/state/national champions and such in their respective sports and wanted to have time to succeed at both.

p.s. haha, sorry for butting in, but yes i go to school w/ KarmaKitten :p

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by m1nx
most of them are there for personal reasons (family, etc), but then there are also a few who are district/state/national champions and such in their respective sports and wanted to have time to succeed at both.

you butt-in-er person!
:p, yeah well she answered for me

santaslayer

HSC
personally, i wouldnt and couldn put myself of hell for 2 years in a row........!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Some people have reasons for doing pathways, like medical or something, one of my friends did it ... but i won't go into the circumstances.

Shiloh

HSC
Originally posted by m1nx

Yeah, im doin it for medical reasons, I missed out on all of yr 10 too...:s i hope I last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)