• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics trials result (1 Viewer)

tinky

Whats harder NEAP or CSSA and howmuch hardser is it. And howmuch more can u expect to get if u do the easier one.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
probably alot easier.

i got my paper back today. everyone except for me argued that the westinghouse and edison quesition be taken off(since it is not in out textbook)and guess what, the teacher gave in. and now i got 97% for physics, thats not that good since i dont think i should be getting 97% even though i worked my butt off for this test. even my tutor didnt get 97%.

this just to show how easy independent ones. ill probably be somewhere around 80% if i had done the catholic one.

chickenntaters

Our class did quite badly compared to you all it seems - either that or our teacher is a very strict marker. I got 77%, top mark was 79%, bottom was 65% [we only have 4 people in our class!]. More specifically:
multiple choice - 12/15
Part B - 44/60 [my teacher was annoyingly strict with the marking here :( but i must admit i made a heck of a lot of stupid mistakes]
Module [Medical] - 20/25

BTW, can anyone help out with question 8 of the multiple choice questions - the one about what type of curent is produced by the electrical motor? Why isn't the answer <D> None? I thought only generators produced current. And if not what was the actual answer [A,B or C].

Also, question 17B in Part B, how did you work it out and what was the correct answer? I used the equation a=(T-mg)/m which was in the Jacaranda text book (page 29 to be specific] to find the acceleration at a point i.e. after 30 seconds and ended up with an acceleration of 31.12. Then i used F=am to get a final answer of 2645.2N which my teacher said was wrong - can anyone tell me why i shouldn't have used that equation? Sorry, but my teacher just said that he had never heard of that equation before so he couldn't help me there :(

Last edited:

Premus

multiple choice - 12/15
Core- 55/60
Option- age of silicon- 21/25

88/100

made stupid mistakes like taking g= 10m/s/s for the projectile question....oh well its over now haha

oh and
i used the same formula as you... and got (a = 41 or something)
did you subtract the mass of the fuel after 30 seconds?

Last edited by a moderator:

govich

high rolla baby
HSC
Did the Neap test:

Multiple choice 15/15
Core topics 47/60
Quanta to Quarks 22/25

Total: 84/100

Spewing about the core topic section, way too many little (and a biggie) mistakes.. and the other two sections I was top of the grade for...doh :p

chickenntaters

PremusDog said:
multiple choice - 12/15
Core- 55/60
Option- age of silicon- 21/25

88/100

made stupid mistakes like taking g= 10m/s/s for the projectile question....oh well its over now haha

oh and
i used the same formula as you... and got (a = 41 or something)
did you subtract the mass of the fuel after 30 seconds?
Yeh i did subtract the mass of the fuel after 30 seconds from the original mass. My equation ended up being:
a=(8x10^7 - 1955000*9.8)/1955000

Does anyone know what i did wrong?

Last edited:

ontherun

HSC
neap 2004

has anyone sat the 2004 neap physics trial or knows some one that has
plz reply as soon as possible
thnx

CrashOveride

HSC
After some modification of marks...I may be looking at something around 93%.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah I have sat the NEAP paper.

But since you want a quick reply I am assuming that you have yet to sit it &there4; I wont be telling you a thing about it, nor would I discuss it until I get the paper given back.

speersy

HSC
N/A
chickenntaters said:
BTW, can anyone help out with question 8 of the multiple choice questions - the one about what type of curent is produced by the electrical motor? Why isn't the answer <D> None? I thought only generators produced current. And if not what was the actual answer [A,B or C].

:(
off memory i think the "correct" answer was B, as in the answers that came with the trial. However since a motor doesn't produce a current it should have been none (B). I think there was a mistake in the wording of this question though. My teacher marked anyone right if they had either B or D

monkey187

God
HSC
Hey i havent sat my tials yet :D physics is on monday so i was wondering if anyone could please post there papers and hopefully answers please would b much appreciated

thanks in advance

Jase

HSC
52/60 isn't really bad lol.
i only got 51/60

I did the NEAP and got 83/100 which is pretty poor, but as long as i keep in the top 5 its all good. man i was expecting the CSSA.. and i sit down, only to see NEAP. i mean, what a stupid name. Near Earth Asteroid Prospector.

superbird

HSC
get real people. those who received 90% should be cheering and not be upset. i dont know wat they are trying to proove by being disappointed with such a good mark.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
monkey187 said:
Hey i havent sat my tials yet :D physics is on monday so i was wondering if anyone could please post there papers and hopefully answers please would b much appreciated

thanks in advance
I really think there is enough past papers in the resource section for you to practice on.

Oh unless you want the answers to your trial. Ahh in that case sure, do you want me to sit your HSC for you as well?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
superbird said:
get real people. those who received 90% should be cheering and not be upset. i dont know wat they are trying to proove by being disappointed with such a good mark.
shut the hell up

differnet people have different expectations

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
assessments are never about the percentage, its about the ranking. some people go to schools with tons of smart people and getting over 90 means nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)