• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

hbegg

HSC
Ok, this is a subject choices question, currently (yr 11) I am doing: Physics, Chem, Ecos, Maths +ext. English +ext. Next year i plan to take up 4u maths and english (I'm topping both of the extension and 2u subjects so thats a deffinate). I dont want to drop ecos because it scales really well and my teacher guarantees me I'll get a band 6. Hence the decision falls to physics vs chemistry.

I find physics a lot easier than chemistry but also deadly boring...

I need opinions of the HSC courses for these two subjects (preferably ppl who have done both).

ice ken

HSC
hbegg said:
Ok, this is a subject choices question, currently (yr 11) I am doing: Physics, Chem, Ecos, Maths +ext. English +ext. Next year i plan to take up 4u maths and english (I'm topping both of the extension and 2u subjects so thats a deffinate). I dont want to drop ecos because it scales really well and my teacher guarantees me I'll get a band 6. Hence the decision falls to physics vs chemistry.

I need opinions of the HSC courses for these two subjects (preferably ppl who have done both).
if physics is easier you should choose it. + physics is not deadly boring its very interesting.....

Pubert

HSC
I dont know if you feel the way i do about phys and chem, but generally at my school the vast majority of people doing both of these subjects prefer physics.

T

Testpilot

I had to choose between Physics and Chem too. I choose physics. You do stuff on space, motors, inventions and an option. The HSC physics course is interesting and some of Einstein's stuff is really interesting like Twin Paradox etc.

matsabatsa

HSC
I prefer chemistry actually, i find it much easier because it has less maths, by the sound fo your subjects you are pretty smart so i think you can cope with either ( chem apparently gets very hard in yr 12) but if it were me i would stick with chem because we have a terrible physics teacher at our school for the next 2 years :p

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Lol, I like Chemistry MUCH more than Physics. Maybe I'm just not as smart as you people. :( I just think it's more fun.

Cpt obvious

HSC
try and do both if you can otherwise talk to your teachers and discuss it with them

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hbegg said:

I would suggest going for the one that interests you more just like most others, who have posted in this thread, have chosen due to interest.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I thought chem is easer than physics too, but I still like physics better :D

It depends on you though. Which one do you like better and/or do better in?

filojon

HSC
hbegg said:

watta nerd!!!!!!!!! i do both phy & chem and ill drop phy anytime just give me an extra unit

Raginsheep

HSC
If your going to do a medical based degree like pharmacy, do chem.

HSC physics is shit unless you you memorising the syllabus dot points for fun. Then again, I only did chem in yr11 so it might be similar.

HSC
lol.. i do both chem and physics.
my take on all this is that chem is easy if you understand whats happening, because theres you usally apply a general principle to it.
physics is easy because you just need to know what happens, not why it happens.

but yeh.. both are mad subjects.. mainly cuz im doing well.. but thats a different story :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)