• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Picking up ext eng (1 Viewer)

pscecelia

HSC
hey i was wondering if i would be able to pick up extension english1 in yr 12? i had it at the begining of yr 11 but i dropped it cs i was ceebs but now i DESPERATLEY want it back, and could i also pick up physics or chemistry for yr 12 or am i too behind AND ...would i be able to pick up general maths

Living Moment

HSC
If our in year 12 NO WAY forget about it, LOL how stupid of me did see that in the Prelim section =P
I'm assuming your in year 11, not 100% sure about the Ext English, probably for Chem and Physics depends on what subjects are you doing atm??? for General math most likely because everything you learn in Prelim you learn again i HSC
But in future thread make sure you give enough information so people can accurately answer your Q.

Last edited:

pscecelia

HSC
oh sorrry, im currently doing adv english, modern, ancient, legal, french and spanish

HSC
You can't pick up any subjects in Year 12 unless they're extensions. The HSC course requires you to have completed the preliminary course.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
WHAT!!!! You don't do maths -___-

Oh btw to your question, no you cannot take up anymore subjects unless it's extension. I might be wrong but I think it is a BOS pre-requisite that you have to take a certain amount of hours in a specific course to reach level 2 and do the HSC aspect off it.

such_such

HSC
Your HSC is in 2013 right? I think I know what you mean. While in Yr11 you dropped it and now it's the 3rd term and you want to pick it up again. I think after the first 3 weeks or so, you're able to swap and pick subjects up. It's late now and as falsenthusiam said, it's a BOS requirement that you need to complete the Prelim part unless it's an extension. Sorry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)