• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pink slips lol (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
today I went for one it took the dude like 10 mins...

just checked all the blinkers, took my car for a lil cruise, looked under it for a few seconds, looked int he engine bay...thats all he did lol

I thought they had to do more???

oh well..I got 100% nothing wrong with my car :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Nope, thats pretty much it...they test the brake function with some little machine doovalackie, make sure your horn, lights, wipers, etc are all working, check your tyres aren't bald, make sure your battery is secure...its just a general roadworthy test.

Although, occasionally you may get a bitch of a mechanic that goes over it with a fine tooth comb, but mine is pretty good, hes looked after my parents for years, so its kinda flowed on.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What exactly is pink slip for? Is it just roadworthiness? What's the one where they get you if you've modded your car heaps?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
7th havent you gone for the pink slip before??

i dont even think my tests take 5 minutes! i just stand in the office, hand over the keys, a few mins later he comes back with the papers!!

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
What exactly is pink slip for? Is it just roadworthiness? What's the one where they get you if you've modded your car heaps?
A defect notice?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
my mechanic asks me how many K's on the clock, then he picks up the brake meter shakes it down, then prints it off. doesnt even look at the car, my dad;s been goin to him for years, top bloke

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I always get it serviced at the same time, so I have no idea what they do, I generally leave the car there the whole day.

cows_go_moo

Throbbing Member
HSC
bowman said:
my mechanic asks me how many K's on the clock, then he picks up the brake meter shakes it down, then prints it off. doesnt even look at the car, my dad;s been goin to him for years, top bloke
Haha same thing happened to me only its the first time ive ever had anything with this guy. i was freakin out for weeks coz i cant really afford to fix my car up, u name it - its broken or not working properly (cept the stereo ofcourse).

Think i'll be goin back to this guy again in 12 months.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
My dad does my pink slips, so for me he just brake tests it and writes out the pink slip. Sometimes he likes to pick on guys who do up their cars, or aggies with giant bull bars :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Depending on their interest level they should also check:
The outer CV joints boots are intact, otherwise grease could be getting on your discs.
Tie rod ends, rack ends etc (these are basically what connects your wheels to the steering hence if they're shit its bad).

Here in the ACT there is no regular check, cars are only checked when rego is transferred - however this is a full underbody inspection, and they can be cunts about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)