• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pizza Delivery (1 Viewer)

Frannz

HSC
In terms of a pizza delivery job, with Pizza Hut or Domino's for example, how are your fuel expenses covered? Do they cover the expenses, or are you expected to pay for your own fuel, cause that wouldn't really make it worthwhile..

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Depends on the company you work for...my ex worked at a family owned pizza shop and got 3 dollars per delivery on top of his hourly rate to cover fuel.

I have seen Domino's company cars used for deliveries, but not sure if this is always the case.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
My friend works for Eagle Boys as a driver.

Generally, if they have their own car, they will insist that you use it. You are better insured in their car anyway.

It is on busy nights that others tend to use their own car.

If you use your own car for a delivery, you get say a small amount like, 3c per kilometer to cover your fuel expenses.

Frannz

HSC
So I guess you could say it's only worth it if you use their car right? Because I didn't think they'd cover such a small amount for fuel expenses. I'll probably ring around and ask each one since it varies with each company

pman

Banned
HSC
One of my mates did pizza delivery, He said that if he had to go more than 4km on a delivery, it actally cost him money, his pay didn't cover it (mind you he drove a hotted up imprezza WRX)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Plus they may not insure your car and therefore you... And you have to pay the wear and tear on the parts... And maintenence is expensive if you use the car for delivery driving all the time.

Better to use their car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)