• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pizza Hut gave my friend Food Poisoning? (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
wow and i thought this was intense:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pmoB2svMld8

=) i'm an avid supporter of all things surrounding life on our planet. that includes animal rights.

hmmm a few questions.

do you get sick much? how do u replace the nutrients that meat gives you? or is ur diet inconsistent, and ur fine with it.

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
wow and i thought this was intense:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pmoB2svMld8

=) i'm an avid supporter of all things surrounding life on our planet. that includes animal rights.

hmmm a few questions.

do you get sick much? how do u replace the nutrients that meat gives you? or is ur diet inconsistent, and ur fine with it.
Um, I ate fish for a while after I stopped eating all other meat and when I stopped eating it I was dizzy for about 4 days straight but once I started taking a multivitamin the size of my own head it all cleared up. You have to get blood tests every now and again though to make sure you're not lacking anything too viciously. You can get protein/iron from stuff like eggs/nuts/lentils and vegies like spinach and a few others :) + multivitamins or supplement tablets help too.
Earthlings is intense but it was also one of the most incredible things I've ever watched. It had me sobbing but I was also motivated heaps more. If I ever want something with meat in it I just watch that or go on PETA2 and remind myself why I'm doing this... I'm usually so disgusted by the end that I don't wanna eat anything.

A.Chair

HSC
settle*precious said:
Nahh, animal cruelty :) http://coveredinsnow.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/dssd/#comments

watch that ^ and you will find it easier to convert.
I've been vego for almost 4 years now :D

Lol, you can get books and/or sites with help about it. Its pretty much DON'T EAT FLESH.
oh wow that IS intense and pretty emotional, its probably a good thing i stopped after 20 minutes, how could anyone watch 95 minutes of that?

HSC
someone willing to know the facts. I can't stand when people are naive about such a subject (not saying you are.) But, many people eat meat and choose to turn a blind eye to the unethical treatment which goes on. The scary thing is that this treatment is common.
Its scary how brutal humans can be. And how cheap.

e.g. shoving multiple pound dogs into a gas chamber cause its cheaper then euthinasia but much more painful and drawn out.

A.Chair

HSC
settle*precious said:
someone willing to know the facts. I can't stand when people are naive about such a subject (not saying you are.) But, many people eat meat and choose to turn a blind eye to the unethical treatment which goes on. The scary thing is that this treatment is common.
Its scary how brutal humans can be. And how cheap.

e.g. shoving multiple pound dogs into a gas chamber cause its cheaper then euthinasia but much more painful and drawn out.
yeah i was naive, still am, didnt get to the killing animals for the food part....but as you said i know that animals get slaughtered unethically for food.....the killing the dogs by stuffing them in a gas chamber and torturing them for up to 20 miutes is another thing. Im not saying that either of them is right (jsut the opposite), but i can understand why people (me included) eat meat products (ie for the iron and protein etc).

question- would regard the processing of fish for food as the same, or similar, to meat etc?

cxlxoxk

HSC
i finished watching it =) haha i should be studying but i loved it so much, i couldn't pause it and watch it later. i am going to try quitting meat after the hsc!

By torturing animals, subjecting to cruel, unusual and degrading forms of torture and cruelty, what is said in the video is totally true, we really are "biting the hands that feed us".

Zrap

glock9
HSC
McDonald McDonald, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut

A.Chair

HSC
on a lighter note joaquin pheonix has such a cool voice....im honestly jealous

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
i finished watching it =) haha i should be studying but i loved it so much, i couldn't pause it and watch it later. i am going to try quitting meat after the hsc!

By torturing animals, subjecting to cruel, unusual and degrading forms of torture and cruelty, what is said in the video is totally true, we really are "biting the hands that feed us".
yess, another converted. :D

and yes, Joaquin does have a sexy sexy voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)