• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Polygon Rule (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I need some second thoughts on this. Is it in the syllabus? Most textbooks have it, but I don't think it is in the syllabus.

Thanks

bachviete

HSC
N/A
Could you say which rule regarding polygons you are talking about?

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Could you say which rule regarding polygons you are talking about?
He's talking about the addition and subtraction of vectors, it's part of the complex numbers topic.

I know the rule, but it's not really a 'rule' it's more of a concept ie. z1+z2 then you jsut use parallelogram properties

The Nomad

HSC
Polygon rule? Isn't that just repeated applications of the parallelogram method?

bachviete

HSC
N/A
My suggestion is that you get yourself a copy of Cambridge mathematics 4 unit and do the vectors part in the complex numbers chapter.

In order to succeed in 4 unit math you must not only learn how to apply a method (like simply addition of vectors) but you have to understand the method and ways to apply the method than the regular, because when you understand different ways to work with a particular concept you can both apply it to anything as well as think about a problem in a different light.

If you see some of the HSC complex number questions for example you will find that there are the rudimentary questions which ask to find the fifth root of -1 or change z into polar form (mod-arg), then you will find complex number questions that will render you quizzical.

The Nomad

HSC
My suggestion is that you get yourself a copy of Cambridge mathematics 4 unit and do the vectors part in the complex numbers chapter.

In order to succeed in 4 unit math you must not only learn how to apply a method (like simply addition of vectors) but you have to understand the method and ways to apply the method than the regular, because when you understand different ways to work with a particular concept you can both apply it to anything as well as think about a problem in a different light.

If you see some of the HSC complex number questions for example you will find that there are the rudimentary questions which ask to find the fifth root of -1 or change z into polar form (mod-arg), then you will find complex number questions that will render you quizzical.
Ok...and...

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Hey guys,

I need some second thoughts on this. Is it in the syllabus? Most textbooks have it, but I don't think it is in the syllabus.

Thanks
dude just learn it,,,,,it can come in useful even tho it may not be SPECIFICALLY tested =S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)