• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Poor school ranking and low individual rank - is it possible for 95+ atar (1 Viewer)

jshl

HSC
So I've just finished my trials and getting results soon. I know I've bombed some pretty badly and seeing as I do some low scaling subjects and my school rank is also low.. is it impossible for me to get 95+ atar still? I want to get into UNSW commerce which is like 96.3 atar :/ I know my individual ranking won't be great either.. So I feel there is no hope..
Subjects:
Adv English
Textiles & design
Music 1
Mathematics
Chemistry

I know, my subjects are so random and such a weird combo hahaha! I will be receiving most marks back tomorrow and will post them but just having a midnight crisis right now and I'm really worried.. so I want to write this post now haha!

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I'm in the same boat.. I already received my results for trials, aaaaand... they're not good. I'm aiming for an 86-91 ATAR so I can get into USYD Engineering, but the best thing to do now is to use these trial papers you get back and look through your mistakes and weaknesses and work through them, do past papers and make sure you remind yourself not to give up. The HSC exams is 50% of everything, so work hard now, put in the hard yards and you will get what you will deserve. Even if you screw up Trials, its already done.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
can you define poor school rank? some ppl might think 30 is low others might think 500 is low

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
No ranks in subjects, or percentages? No school ranking posted?

GG ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)