• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

possible discrepancy in english ranking? (1 Viewer)

unfold

HSC
hey peeps,

i hope u guys can help me out on this...its been like a week since i got my english advanced rank...and i assume the marks and ranks are sent off to Board of STudies by now....

BUT...recently i talked to a friend..and he told me he got 64.5% overall and had rank of 50/130 ish ppl . AS for me, i got 63% but ranked 70/130.

what do u guys reckon? is that wrong?? or am i just being paranoid and that this is how ranks are determined??

nwatts

HSC
I don't know what you're asking. There's a 1.5% gap between you and a friend, also a gap of 20 students in your year. What's the problem?

unfold

HSC
again

hey sorry for being unclear,
what i'm asking is. does 1.5% make SUCH a big difference in ranking??? as in 20 or so places?

nwatts

HSC
It depends on your school. Considering the number of students doing the same course, I'd say it's likely. We've only got 9 doing Advanced, so we're a little more spread out, but close marks/ranks still happen. There's like .5% between me and a friend.

You'll find it's nothing out of the ordinary.

unfold

HSC
silly?

i'm actually deciding to ask the head of english about it....i mean is it better to check up with her? or what u are saying is quite certainly the case?

nwatts

HSC
No harm in asking. I highly, highly doubt there's anything to worry about though.

unfold

HSC
lol...ironically i'm now kinda more worried...cos now i just cant believe how 1.5% can make such a difference...*sigh*

unfold

HSC
hey without wings...ur talking about the mark...so..u're also agreeing that 1.5% can space out the ranks SO dramatically?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)