• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

possible ques for half yrlies (1 Viewer)

jimmik

HSC
ahhh half yrlies are in 2 wks *pulls hair out* ok so im overreactin but realli need to prepare startin now. any ideas for essay ques on minoan crete? and wat abt akhenaten? plz jus post em up, thnx

Gemstone

Are you getting an essay on Minoan Crete? It's not even an essay in the exam it's short answer. Anyway I did an assignment on Minoan Crete last year and it was on the palaces. Anyway a question could be Where the palaces religious complexs? We got a quote but I can't remeber it, anyway the question was like that.

I also have an Akenaten essay to do too due next term which is To what extent was Akenaten a heritic Pharaoh?

Anyway my half yearly isn't on those it's just on New Kingdom Egypt till Tutmose 4. We're doing a source bit and an essay. Any one got any ideas what sorta stuff I could get on. I figure it'll probably be the Hyksos or the new policies of Egypt after the expulsion of the Hyksos.

Gemma

ms.cinderella

HSC
hey jimmik.
i remember in class, our teacher gave us the (most probable) question she'd do for our half yearly. if u didn't jot it down, it was:
"explain what archaeological evidence and architecture reveals about minoan religion"

as for the akhenaten essay, you know how she got us to do those 4 practice essays (assess akhenaten's religious reforms, explain akhenaten's artistic changes, assess akhenaten's foreign policy, assess nefertiti's political role), i reckon the final question will be something like "assess whether akhenaten's reign was successful" because then we'd be able to incorporate all those four essays together.. so our teacher getting us to write those practice ones were a helpful hint to us.. i dunno, but that's what i think.

hey, what was ur argument for the foreign policy one?

hope i've helped. see ya at school! =)

-ms.cinderella

jimmik

HSC
thanks both of u! ehehe, i totally forgot miss sed that. so silly of me hehe. ohhh okay..so success agen aye? hmmmz okiez, i jus thought it might b sumfin else cuz we're alredy doin whether akhenaten is successful for our presentation thingo. thanks anywayz. cya

btw my argument was that foreign policy was inconclusive. lolz. i wasnt sure thats y. i jus put both views that akhenaten was indifferent to foreign policy as well as he was misrepresented.

ms.cinderella

HSC
hey jimmik.
thanks for that.
i used the same argument too.. but i wasn't sure if that was all.. that was my shortest essay cos there were only the armana letters, trade.. and .... something else... was there anything else for akhenaten's foreign policy?

jimmik

HSC
hmm well not really i think. oh..wait... oh yeh! something about his warrior image, that although he appeared a pacifist he wasn't really, because his reliefs featured members of the military alot etc. that was the only other thing i could think of. =/

ms.cinderella

HSC
i was wondering if u're preparing ur answers for our half yearly, seeing as ms k 'hinted' at us what they'll be...
but i'm wondering.. u know how the akhenaten section is structured, for a 5 mark question, how much are u expected to write?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)