• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Post trials atar estimate (2 Viewers)

Rivayne

HSC
Thanks for the help guys, just guna go back to chilling until i become all g again, been sick since sat :S

HSC
Thanks for the help guys, just guna go back to chilling until i become all g again, been sick since sat :S
Post Grad med in my opinion is futile unless you are extremely passionate about doing medicine. You're going to spend so many years studying.

Firstly, the competition is going to be insane. So many people compete to transfer and do med, and spots are very limited. I know for UNSW (because ambassadors came to our school a month ago and informed us) that only 100 people get into med through transfers. These 100 spots are available to any one of any age, therefore you're competing with thousands of people. Plus, you cannot rely on HD's to even gt a chance, you must display extra-curricular activities along with a strong passion. I believe that getting into med through post-grad is harder than through HSC. IMO you're going to spend so many years of studying.

Ask yourself if it is truly worth it. Are you solely doing the job because of rep and income or because you like it? Newsflash, you do not start with like a 100k salary by doing med, you start off real low. You'll be in around 65000-75000 HECS debt. So really think about you're capabilities and desires. Do you really want to do med and are yo capable of getting a transfer?

Went on Ruse website for the lols, looked at last years academic results, obviously no surprise in what ATAR they all got.

What was funny was that over half of the Ruse cohort either got into MED or LAW lol :p

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Went on Ruse website for the lols, looked at last years academic results, obviously no surprise in what ATAR they all got.

What was funny was that over half of the Ruse cohort either got into MED or LAW lol :p
most got into combined med/law/actuary :p

v1

HSC
School rank 212

Physics 11/21 (ranks 1,2,3 are very high, 4-12 are very close 3% in asses mark overall) <- That makes a difference?
you can think it does, but honestly it doesn't. that rank will probs get you a low b5/high b4 at rank 212
atar estimate around 80-82

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)