• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prefect positions in 2009 (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Same here. Except, Prefects don't sit on stage. They walk around in the middle of assembly, or stand at the doors, shooshing people. :p
lol gives them a feeling of authority.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, but even just the change in badge/tie/blazer gives Prefects the aura of power. ;)

The Kaiser

HSC
Well, I have all the requirements but no-one would ever vote for me (Except the teachers maybe) so I'm not bothering.

Consider doing it if you can handle the responsibility, and have good leadership skills, it'll rack up the points for "school participation" criteria for Uni (or so I'm told by my year advisor)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
Well, I have all the requirements but no-one would ever vote for me (Except the teachers maybe) so I'm not bothering.

Consider doing it if you can handle the responsibility, and have good leadership skills, it'll rack up the points for "school participation" criteria for Uni (or so I'm told by my year advisor)
Yeah, that sucks. When my year did the voting, we had all 150 names on the paper so people could choose 13 people. I sometimes think that there are not enough positions to recognise people. When I got through the 2nd stage of voting, (150 to 20 people), a lot of people who would have deserved the position missed out and few dumbasses got chosen due to their sporting awesomeness. I hope those guys get filtered out by the next round. Hopefully, I can remain.

The Kaiser

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, that sucks. When my year did the voting, we had all 150 names on the paper so people could choose 13 people. I sometimes think that there are not enough positions to recognise people. When I got through the 2nd stage of voting, (150 to 20 people), a lot of people who would have deserved the position missed out and few dumbasses got chosen due to their sporting awesomeness. I hope those guys get filtered out by the next round. Hopefully, I can remain.
You'll probably get it, after all you are a model student. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
You'll probably get it, after all you are a model student. :)
Well, I will just say that Chemistry concept of "like dissolves like" applies to my cohort.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
LOL, but that's Storey. All he values is school participation. And rugby.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aplus said:
Prefects at my school have just as much power as any student, so there's no real glam in being it. Just the title.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Really?
Our prefects can tell you to fix up your uniform, restrict access to places etc.
Wow, being a prefect at your school sucks.
haha yeah it's alright. I think the only good thing would be being able to wear a blazer and a cool hat that makes our school look like it's private :p

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
haha yeah it's alright. I think the only good thing would be being able to wear a blazer and a cool hat that makes our school look like it's private :p
Lol you school would look more private than my school :p
We have tacky looking baseball caps that say 'Fairfield Pats'... it doesnt even have our real name or crest on it.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
We have tacky looking baseball caps that say 'Fairfield Pats'... it doesnt even have our real name or crest on it.
lol! The prefect school hats are those English looking ones. It's a straw brimmed hat and has a piece of ribbon around the head area with our school crest on it. It looks nice when the girls wear it along side the blazer, skirt and school tie :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
the-derivative said:
We have the same ones that say "Blacktown Pats" on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)