• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Preferences (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I recently put in my preferences and just wanted to double-check it is correct. I want to do B Social Science (Criminology) / B Laws. However, in the UAC Guide I couldn't find a specefic number for this course. There was a number above a few of the combined laws (including Social Science). I used that number and when I checked my preferences online it says:

Bachelor of Arts Communication Social Science/Bachelor of Laws at UWS

Does this mean I have placed a combined laws degree of which I can choose either Arts, Communication or Social Science? And if so, when are we supposed to identify which we are choosing?

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
I recently put in my preferences and just wanted to double-check it is correct. I want to do B Social Science (Criminology) / B Laws. However, in the UAC Guide I couldn't find a specefic number for this course. There was a number above a few of the combined laws (including Social Science). I used that number and when I checked my preferences online it says:

Bachelor of Arts Communication Social Science/Bachelor of Laws at UWS

Does this mean I have placed a combined laws degree of which I can choose either Arts, Communication or Social Science? And if so, when are we supposed to identify which we are choosing?

ignore anything about criminology or whatever - that IS NOT the course name... it is i supose.. your major..

the course is B Arts COmm Soc Sc/B LAws

you go by the UAC code... you only have to select your particular area on enrolment day so just put the relevant UAC code.

UAC codes are different to uni codes - eg my UAC code was like..705 somethin somethin somethin... but my uni code is 2572... UAC for some stupid reason does it differently to the way uni's categorise is so you kinda apply for a massive generic course and then the uni 're selects' you into your proper course.. eg B Comm/B Laws... and then after that you select your particular major and you're re-organised again :p

kinda pointles... UAC should just do it that way to start with lol makes life easier

Kally17

HSC
Hey!My brother was interested in that course and I was just looking at the UAC Guide, the UAC code should be the same for the 3 areas of combined studies. If you have a look on page 82 of the UAC Guide it has the code. It should be 705680 for law combined with arts, communications or social science. You choose the area you want to major in once you get into the course.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Thanks. :)

You can change your preferences for no cost even though it is past September 30, correct?
correct- you can alter preferences, with no cost, to be considered for the mainround of offers untill early january.

Angel45

HSC
How exciting...I can't believe it's a yr since I was doing all this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)