• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Probability of 2 texts? (1 Viewer)

jung1239

HSC
What do you guys think that the probability is that BoS will specify for 2 texts in the belonging essay?

I have only done one and i don't know if i should stay up and do a second...

jung1239

HSC
Yeah, i was in denial. I'm doing the second text now... just in case.

Bobbo1

HSC
With BOS I can safely say nothing is definite, and I would definitely prepare for 2 just in case - but obviously place more emphasis on your main related text. There is a good chance they might revert back to ONLY 1 related text after saying atleast 1 this year

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I have a feeling they will be sticking to one from now on, or at least not specifying two. My justification for this is that BOS is increasingly concerned about cutting costs, and their biggest expensive is undeniably HSC markers themselves, so by reducing the number of related materials, they are at least reducing (overall) the amount of text that the markers have to read and therefore they won't have to be paying them as much!

Bobbo1

HSC
I have a feeling they will be sticking to one from now on, or at least not specifying two. My justification for this is that BOS is increasingly concerned about cutting costs, and their biggest expensive is undeniably HSC markers themselves, so by reducing the number of related materials, they are at least reducing (overall) the amount of text that the markers have to read and therefore they won't have to be paying them as much!
People will just write more for their core and their first related text -whatever to make up their 1000-1200 words

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)