• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PS/2 to USB adaptor (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, I just got a new Dell computer and it came with a really crappy USB keyboard, I have a new one sitting around but it is PS/2 and this computer doesnt have a PS/2 port...where would I get one of those adaptors Dicksmith or Tandy? I know they come in USB/PS/2 and they are the green ones, so the must come in the other way right? anyone know what colour they are?

I am so excited I didnt realise the dual core processor would load everything so fast!!!

Thanks so much guys :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I diodn't realise DC worked that great either.

Anyhow yes you can buy them- they should cost between $5 and $10 if you buy from a retail store like Tandy/DSE (did you know they are one company?), or you can go to something like the North Rocks Computer Market (on Sundays at Westfield North Rocks) or one of those lil' computer shops in the suburbs to buy it as well.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I figured it would work like a normal 3.0ghz but it seems fast...or maybe coz i used to have a 1.8ghz?

Oh goodo, I thought you could but I wanted to be sure, everytime I go into DSE or Tandy they have no idea what I am talking about! (Yeh I know they are one company weird huh) I end up explaing to them LOL

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
So you want to use PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse connected to USB?

They're available in Harvey Norman or Dick Smith. I got "Belkin F5U119-E USB Dual PS/2 Adapter" for $20 about 3 years ago.

Unfortunately the price haven't changed since, but it's good plug n playable winXp would install the drivers quickly.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
You should be able to pick them up in stores like Tandy, Dick Smith, and harvey Norman. I've seen them in my local Tandy, though I can't remember the price.

I am so excited I didnt realise the dual core processor would load everything so fast!!!
Where it really shines is if you're listening to music whilst chatting on MSN and doing a virus scan... or any type of multitasking - everything keeps moving nice and quickly. :D

I_F

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn now I really want a dual core processor >_> Multitasking is my lifeeeeee *dies*

Btw I just realised you're a chick melsc. *never actually read anyone's thing on the side before*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Tandy, Dick Smith, Harvey Norman, some Officeworks, Harris Technology, Megamart etc.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
The little green ones only for if it's a USB mouse and you want it to connect to your PS/2 port.

It's just that PS/2 has more wirings than USB and maybe it can only be done one way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)