• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Q. About Internal Transfers (1 Viewer)

Woony

HSC
How do I transfer between Undergraduate programs internally at UNSW (for current UNSW students)?

Undergraduate students will have the opportunity to transfer programs internally rather than through Direct Admissions as was previously the case.
To be eligible to transfer internally, students must have undertaken a minimum of one semester of study in their current program and be in Good Standing.

To identify which programs can be transferred from/to internally, students should refer to their individual Faculty Schedule of Internal transfer
International students wishing to transfer outside of the Schedule are required to lodge a formal application through the appropriate channel at https://apply.unsw.edu.au

Transfer between programs is for enrolled undergraduate students and not:
  • PG course work or research students
  • Commencing students (within two weeks of the start of semester)
  • Students who change residency and are seeking eligibility to Commonwealth Supported or Domestic Fee paying places
  • Transfer between UNSW Asia and UNSW Kensington

Q. Does that mean I can transfer from B Arts (Media & Comm) to like B Commerce if i do well for one semester?!

bshoc

HSC
N/A
To meet the criteria for an internal transfer, the course you are transferring to must be:

* Administrated by the same faculty.
* Normally, have an equal or lower UAI requirement.

Anything else goes to UAC (again). Thats how it works in the FCE (sorry, FoB), although I'm pretty sure Arts has a similar policy, in any case it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Provided you do well, going through UAC would work assuming your marks are good, UNSW takes your UAI and GPA 50/50.

Woony

HSC
ooo crap. so you cant transfer between faculties :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

edit: nm. found out the info i needed thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)