• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Q (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I board right, and the other day my landlady came into my room when I was at uni, without my permission or any notification. Then she says to me how much of a mess it was and that she wouldn't let her dog in it then she told me to go clean it up.
Fair enough it's a bit messy, clothes everywhere and so, but is she allowed to do that legally? Especially if I'm paying $200 a fortnight for one room (and plus she cooks me dinner sometimes).

dxb

HSC
I know in Victoria landlords have to give you at least 24 hours and in NSW and SA I'm pretty sure its at least 7 days notice for an inspection. But then your a boarder so its probs diffrent.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm not sure if your legal status as a boarder is the same as that of a tenant but I'm pretty sure regardless that she had to give you notice. I mean, from an ethical/being a decent person standpoint anyway. I wouldn't bother taking it further or anything though. Invest in a lock? (if that's allowed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)