• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Qantas recruitment (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
My friend just called me and screamed over the phone how she got a interview date for qantas recruiting day or w/e she asked me what do she have to do, i'm like i don't know, i'll ask BOS.

anyway, what do you have to do? dance? what they ask you and etc? I know it's probably different from retail recruitment though, so any info would be nice, thanks. :)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Qantas are hiring 2000 Cabin "long haul Cabin crew" by the way. Airline experience is a general must when entering into the Qantas Company. If you have no experience as a Flightie, well then they will bump you down to Jetstar.

I know that Tiger Airways is hiring, so If you want flexible hours,no over-nighters while working on a A320, well Tiger's for you. Tiger hires anyone also!

Jetstar have a awfull and deadly long process before you take to the skies I must say

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
milocole said:
Qantas are hiring 2000 Cabin "long haul Cabin crew" by the way. Airline experience is a general must when entering into the Qantas Company. If you have no experience as a Flightie, well then they will bump you down to Jetstar.

I know that Tiger Airways is hiring, so If you want flexible hours,no over-nighters while working on a A320, well Tiger's for you. Tiger hires anyone also!

Jetstar have a awfull and deadly long process before you take to the skies I must say

I thought having customer service knowledge and being tall enough is needed the most, lol.

If I could remember Virgin refuse to hire older women, and they had dancing and all those silly activities during their recruitment procedures that older women wouldn't be able to do it like their younger peers could, and they was fined for breaching w/e.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Applicants should possess the following attributes:

• The right to live and work in Australia
  • Minimum height of 1.58m
  • Minimum age of 18 years
  • Basic high school education with good command of written and spoken English and basic maths
  • Good communication and sales skills
  • Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements
  • Able to swim a minimum of 50m unaided
Applicants are required to possess the following:

• Senior Level First Aid Certificate with at least 12 months currency and CPR with a minimum of 6 months validity. This MUST be an Australian qualification.
  • Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
  • Availability to work a rotating roster over 7 days, including weekends, public holidays and over a 24 hour period.
Onboard managers, Trainers, and all positions above are recruited from within the organization.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
my cousin is a flight attendant and she hates it cos she has to be on her feet for most of the flight, practically NO BREAKS and being nice to idiots. the pay isnt worth it.

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
lizziegirl said:
my cousin is a flight attendant and she hates it cos she has to be on her feet for most of the flight, practically NO BREAKS and being nice to idiots. the pay isnt worth it.

How much is the pay? and what she had to do on recruitment day?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
milocole said:
[*]Able to swim a minimum of 50m unaided
I guess this is for if the plane crashes and if by the odd chance it occurs in the ocean and if by the even rarer chance you survive you can swim far enough to get away from the plane so as to die somewhere a bit more quieter than near the rest of the now dead bodies that could not reach the 50m mark unaided?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)