• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Query on final mark (1 Viewer)

nealos

HSC
hi
Just wondering cos im doing 2 and 3 u maths a year earlier then i should, when i get my mark on the studentsonline whenever it gets released, Will that mark out of /100 for 2 unit and /50 for 3 unit be the final mark that goes towards my HSC or is that mark just the mark i got in the external exams? and has that been already scaled??

Thanks heaps

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Whatever you get this year for 2 and 3 unit maths, unless you take the course again next year, will be the mark that counts towards your HSC and UAI, if it is one of your best ten units. It will be scaled accroding to this year's group, it won't be rescaled with next year's standards.

nealos

HSC
but will it just be my external mark that i c on the computer or will it be my final mark for 2 and 3u for the whole year all put togther

alexvincent

HSC
By external mark I'm guessing you mean the mark of the HSC exam. The board never releases raw examination marks, they are only released after moderation... this is your exam mark that you will receive which is 50% of your HSC mark. The board does however send your raw exam marks to UAC for the calculation of the UAI.

As SS has said, if you repeat any course, only the latest mark will count and its scaling is done against the year in which you sit that course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)