• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about subjects (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
right now i have chosen most of my subjects:

English 2
Maths 2
Biology 2
PDHPE 2
Mdern History 2
(i am definitely choosing these subjects)

but am not sure wether to choose business studies or economics. business studies seems to be easier and more relevent to my desired career path, but i think is also pretty boring. economics on the other hand seems very interesting but i dont know if i will be able to do well, because from what i have gathered it is quite difficult.

At the moment i think that i am leaning to business studies only on the fact that it is more relevant to my desired carrer path. so any comments please on which one i should take, taking into consideration that i am a slightly above average student and would like to do something in sports administration or marketing.(is it important for me to do business studies for this carrer, or can i get away with it)

thanks

aLexTasyy

HSC
i would just like to say that PDHPE is the hardest subject! my friends chose it and they are the smartest in my year..they are struggling alot with it...they're counting down the days till they can drop it! just reconsider PD H for your healths sake please...if your not convinced think about how you think you'll go if you have to memorise all the bones in your arm...try it...its hard

-tal-

HSC
If you're a slightly above average student as you say you are, I'd recommend economics. I think you'd enjoy the challenge that the course offers, as business studies is a pretty basic, plug-and-play type of subject.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
aLexTasyy said:
i would just like to say that PDHPE is the hardest subject! my friends chose it and they are the smartest in my year..they are struggling alot with it...they're counting down the days till they can drop it! just reconsider PD H for your healths sake please...if your not convinced think about how you think you'll go if you have to memorise all the bones in your arm...try it...its hard
I would hardly say PDHPE is the hardest subject. 2U Maths is much more challenging by far.

Economics is actually not THAT difficult, it is probably on a similar level of difficulty as Modern History (which you have already chosen). I'd advise to choose Economics, as it's a better challenge and will help you grasp a better understanding of economy, business and market.
Honestly, you will not need to study Business Studies to get into a business-related occupation, because uni will help you with that.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
phosphorescent said:
I would hardly say PDHPE is the hardest subject. 2U Maths is much more challenging by far.

Economics is actually not THAT difficult, it is probably on a similar level of difficulty as Modern History (which you have already chosen). I'd advise to choose Economics, as it's a better challenge and will help you grasp a better understanding of economy, business and market.
Honestly, you will not need to study Business Studies to get into a business-related occupation, because uni will help you with that.
That's highly up to individuals. Your post sounds like it's quite skewed.

TO OP: seriously, choose subjects according to the level of interst that you hold. Don't be an idiot and choose subjects based on scaling and all that. Also take your own ability into account. It will help you choose subject easily that way.

tau281290

HSC
aLexTasyy said:
By your descriptions of PDHPE, biology is 100 times harder :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)