• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question regarding the required entry requirements (1 Viewer)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
hi guys! On the ANU website, it states that future commerce students should expect a UAI / ENTER / TER of 75. I noticed on the sticky for 2005 cut-offs, the ENTER/UAI is 85. I was wondering if 75 is a pretty accurate expectation of the cutoff for 2007? or could it increase drastically (to something like 85)?

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
i'm pretty sure ANU have dropped their TERs to 75 to boost their numbers. it's very much likely to stay at 75.

timmyh

HSC
Most courses at ANU for 2007 have dropped down to a required UAI of 75, i think there are a few exceptions like law and medscience, the ANU website tells you (there is a link on the homepage). 75 will defintely be the requirement for 07, but if they get big numbers applying they may decide to raise the UAI a bit higher in years to come.
im pretty sure when i started in 2006, the lowest UAI for any course was 85, so its a pretty big drop down to 75 in one year. Predicting UAI requirements is a bit of guesswork, but i hope that helps a little...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
you know what i find silly with the lower UAI cutoffs.. is that an Economics degree UAI is 75 but to combine that with another discipline like law it jumps by 20 UAI points to 95... thats a hugee increase... if u compare that to other uni's, it's very big... Sydney UNSW are all int he 90's... not that i am disregarding ANU or the courses.. its just that i want to do a combined law degree with eco or comm... and forit to be 20 UAI points different than the actual single degree program is abit harsh...

hopefulli combined law will drop this year with the increase interest in commerce subjex in and around the Sydney area.. so not that many sydneysiders will come to ANU.. except for me if i get in :p

chao.. from brussels :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
you know what i find silly with the lower UAI cutoffs.. is that an Economics degree UAI is 75 but to combine that with another discipline like law it jumps by 20 UAI points to 95... thats a hugee increase... if u compare that to other uni's, it's very big... Sydney UNSW are all int he 90's... not that i am disregarding ANU or the courses.. its just that i want to do a combined law degree with eco or comm... and forit to be 20 UAI points different than the actual single degree program is abit harsh...

hopefulli combined law will drop this year with the increase interest in commerce subjex in and around the Sydney area.. so not that many sydneysiders will come to ANU.. except for me if i get in :p

chao.. from brussels :)
The UAI requirement is the requirement for the degree with the highest cutoff of the two that you want to do. It's a little retarded to think that you should get a discount on the requirement for law because you want to do a combined degree. If you look at cutoffs for Sydney universities they often charge you a premium to do combined degrees (i.e. if you wanted to do combined commerce/arts at UNSW the UAI for that program would be higher than the UAI for either commerce of arts individually). Now that's stupid.

PulpusFiction

HSC
just wondering if people think the NRSL cutoffs for ANU will be at 75 or perhaps they'll be a little lower?

cheers

PulpusFiction

HSC
non recent school leaver.

i.e. people with GPAs that would have it converted to a selection rank, if its above 75, im in.

but the fruit on the grapvine tends to say that NRSL cutoffs are lower, but this ANU thing is a little strange because they actually released the cutoffs already.

timmyh

HSC
hmm to be honest i havent heard anything much about what ur saying.... ANU has just dropped most things down to 75 so i would be surprised if they let anyone in with a comparitive score less than that. Having said that i really dont know, good luck with it!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
timmyh said:
hmm to be honest i havent heard anything much about what ur saying.... ANU has just dropped most things down to 75 so i would be surprised if they let anyone in with a comparitive score less than that. Having said that i really dont know, good luck with it!
actually ANU now implemented a test. anyone getting above 65 can do a 2.5 hour test which tests the aptitude for university study. if they get decent results, they're in (to ANU's lowest cutoff-courses)

it seems like ANU is opening their arms for any meathead to enrol. if you get a 65 obviously you won't be fit for uni, let alone Australia's top uni :mad1:

timmyh

HSC
At the risk of seeming like an elitist prick, i really agree.... i think even 75 is too low....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)