• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rage Against the Machine to reunite (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Ah yes, once again, retarded teens from around the world will be able to profess their belief in the evils of capitalism by purchasing the latest RATM concert ticket from Ticketek for only $80 or cd at only $29.95 AU, on either Sony BMG or Epic Records.
I don't necessarily belive in "the evils of capitalism", I just love their music. I'm gonna just put a quote from Morello out here and tell you to shut up.

"When you live in a capitalistic society, the currency of the dissemination of information goes through capitalistic channels. Would Noam Chomsky object to his works being sold at Barnes & Noble? No, because that's where people buy their books. We're not interested in preaching to just the converted. It's great to play abandoned squats run by anarchists, but it's also great to be able to reach people with a revolutionary message, people from Granada Hills to Stuttgart." - Tom Morello

And LOL at thinking all $80 goes to the band, you're awesomely naive

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
I don't necessarily belive in "the evils of capitalism", I just love their music. I'm gonna just put a quote from Morello out here and tell you to shut up.

"When you live in a capitalistic society, the currency of the dissemination of information goes through capitalistic channels. Would Noam Chomsky object to his works being sold at Barnes & Noble? No, because that's where people buy their books. We're not interested in preaching to just the converted. It's great to play abandoned squats run by anarchists, but it's also great to be able to reach people with a revolutionary message, people from Granada Hills to Stuttgart." - Tom Morello

And LOL at thinking all $80 goes to the band, you're awesomely naive
Not as awesomely naive as you for eating the crap straight outta Morellos ass.

Its not just the message either, the music sucks ass too.

"Hey, man, I've come up with a great line for a song. Do you think we can do anything with it?"

"I'm not sure. Do you have more than just the one line?"

"No, just the one."

"Hmmmm... Well, I have six minutes of guitar written. Do you think you could just repeat that line over and over for that long?"

"You, my friend, are a damn genius!"

That's how every single RATM song was written.
In the history of humankind, there has never been a man I've wanted to punch more than Zack de la Rocha. Everytime I hear him sing about "THE WHITE MAN! KILLIN' OUR PEOPLE," I just want to set everything I see on fire. I was so happy the day I found out they broke up. "No more redundant lyrics," I thought. "No more having to hear Zack bitch about oppression and his hard life, growing up in the suburbs of Irvine, California (look that one up). No more - wait, did they just announce that Soundgarden broke up, too? YES! Oh my God, this is the greatest day of my- Wait... did they just say... noooooo.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You don't have to listen to them you know. Even if you listen to the radio they were barely on it even at their prime.

And I tend to listen to Morello more than someone who doesn't actually know anything about the music industry. Or am I misinformed and you're in a very highly profiled band?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
You don't have to listen to them you know. Even if you listen to the radio they were barely on it even at their prime.
Are you telling me that its actually possible to go through high school and/or univesrity without hearing some dipshit pumping RATM?

And I tend to listen to Morello more than someone who doesn't actually know anything about the music industry. Or am I misinformed and you're in a very highly profiled band?
No, you just seem to be misinformed in general.

Morellos comments about the music industry are about as valid as his politics.

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

I'm pretty sure Morellos knows a bit more about the music industry than you.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Morellos comments about the music industry are about as valid as his politics.
Hmmm....a man who gained an honours degree in Political Science at Harvard, and started music seriously in the mid 1980's....against some uni student who wasn't even born then

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:
I'm pretty sure Morellos knows a bit more about the music industry than you.
Exactly, which is why its so easy for him to make money off gullible 18 year olds.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Hmmm....a man who gained an honours degree in Political Science at Harvard, and started music seriously in the mid 1980's....against some uni student who wasn't even born then
The unabomber had a PHD, whats your point ..

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
The unabomber had a PHD, whats your point ..
That he has one and you don't? The unabomber most likely knows more about politics than you as well

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
That he has one and you don't? The unabomber most likely knows more about politics than you as well
Knowing lots about something doesent make your opinion any more useful or correct.

For example, Karl Marx and economics.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Knowing lots about something doesent make your opinion any more useful or correct.

For example, Karl Marx and economics.
Knowing nothing about something makes your opinion totally pointless and incorrect

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Knowing nothing about something makes your opinion totally pointless and incorrect
Ok, I have a HD average in my politics major at the moment, does that make my opinion more valid than yours? Not necessarily, amount of knowledge does not always translate to correctness or applicability. For example there are a fair few Psychology and Economics Ph.Ds who would be completely useless outside teaching their subject.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Ok, I have a HD average in my politics major at the moment, does that make my opinion more valid than yours? Not necessarily, amount of knowledge does not always translate to correctness or applicability. For example there are a fair few Psychology and Economics Ph.Ds who would be completely useless outside teaching their subject.
I completely agree.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Thanks for stepping in your own logic trap of non-transitivity ..
Umm huh?
Just because your political opinions/agenda and Morello's are different doesn't mean he's more incorrect either.
Anyway back on topic, how long do you think it'll take for the RATM Coachella show to be on torrent sites/youtube?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)