• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Random UAC application questions (1 Viewer)

Ulysses

HSC
1) What does it mean by “Expected to complete” under Tertiary and postsecondary studies in Australia? As I’m transferring I don’t expect to complete my current course, but if I was not applying for transfer I would expect to complete my current course. Ambiguity to the max?

UAC wasn’t exactly helpful on this matter. Are there any past transfer applicants who have any knowledge about this? What has everyone else selected?

2) To clarify: two semesters full-time definitely = 1.0 FTE?

Thanks. =)

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
1. Basically expected to complete is the time as to which you would have completed your degree without transferring. Say for example youre doing commerce which is 3 years, and you start in 2007, then expected to complete would be 2009.

2. correct.

Ulysses

HSC
jemsta said:
1. Basically expected to complete is the time as to which you would have completed your degree without transferring. Say for example youre doing commerce which is 3 years, and you start in 2007, then expected to complete would be 2009.

2. correct.
Under "Expected to complete" it just gives the option YES/NO. I put NO, as I'm transferring, but then I realised that it could be interpreted either way, and so am now confused!

By the way, after semester 2 finishes are you still classified as being "enrolled" at uni? (Another ambiguous UAC question: "Currently enrolled: yes/no").

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
just put no, because as you said, youre transferring to another course, which means that youre not expected on completing your old degree.

youre enrolled in uni until you submit a discontinuation form. Once you get your transfer, make sure you discontinue your old course by filling out a discontinuation form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)